BH or just baby movement - I'm confused?!

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
So my baby moves very violently that it is very uncomfortable, my stomach is rock hard where his bum seems to be and my stomach is deformed. Last night I was extremely uncomfortable. I put this down to just baby movements but can't ever remember having BH first time or this time - am I confusing the two things.

This baby appears a lot more violent than my dd.

Is this BH or just a squirming 'big' baby? I've only put on 15 lbs and measuring spot on now - my dd was only 6lb 5 oz, born at 38 weeks, I'm worried that ds is gonna be massive.

I've wondered the same thing, I think they feel quite similar

I get confused some times.... I think it's like my belly goes hard when he's pushing out with his back... But also be sometimes as we'll...
I dunno confusing lol ... Either way I get period pains with it sometimes so I think those ones are bh

Ditto, I think big baby movements can then cause a Braxton Hicks?

I get confused too! The only way I can tell now is that if it is a braxton hicks then I get a hot flush as well! I do agree with Lady H, I think that the baby can trigger them.
I usually poke round my whole belly and if it's baby moving I'll be able to find a squishy bit somewhere whereas with braxton hicks it is like there is a football in my tummy and it is rock hard all over...if that makes sense!

I've been confused with this for a while too! I'm glad I'm jot alone, I was feeling like a total idiot not being able to tell the difference :haha: when it happens for me I get kind of uncomfortable and almost breathless like my lungs are being restricted even when I can tell baby's head/butt/feet aren't actually in my ribs :/

From what I've read (i'm a google-holic) baby's movements can cause BH. so if you know you're well hydrated and have an empty bladder, just chalk it up to baby moving around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->