bi racial babies?

Wao, all your bubba are gorgeous! My hubby is Irish and I am Chinese. I can't wait to meet my lo :)

I love this thread just read every single post!! All your babies are beautiful I can't wait to meet our baby due 9th Feb! OH is Irish/Singaporean and I am white English/Irish.

I can't wait to see your beautiful babies! Don't forget to come back and show your beauties off!

oooh just found this thread, I'm due at the start of November, I'm caucasian and my OH is sri lankan/indian. have no idea what bubs will look like, just looking forward to meeting him/her!

Some very cute pics on this thread of gorgeous babies :)

Does anybody here intend on teaching your lo yours and your partner's language?

I'm Thai, and OH is Russian. As much as I would love for my dd to learn both languages, I just don't think she'll learn Thai only because it's just me here and even I don't speak it too much. Tbh, I'm forgetting some words in my own language! However, since OH has family here, she'll most likely learn Russian. Plus, her grandparents speak mainly Russian and they'd want to be able to communicate with her, since they can't communicate with their other grandkids as English has become their predominant language. It's sad that they have a hard time bonding with their other grandkids (which are OH's niece and nephews).

I'm Thai, and OH is Russian. As much as I would love for my dd to learn both languages, I just don't think she'll learn Thai only because it's just me here and even I don't speak it too much. Tbh, I'm forgetting some words in my own language! However, since OH has family here, she'll most likely learn Russian. Plus, her grandparents speak mainly Russian and they'd want to be able to communicate with her, since they can't communicate with their other grandkids as English has become their predominant language. It's sad that they have a hard time bonding with their other grandkids (which are OH's niece and nephews).

I speak to my LO only in Persian DH talks to her in English. My parents are inn town and they speak to her in Persian too....i def want LO to maintain that part of her heritage

Shadowy lady - awww that's great. Wish my family lived near. My lo would be surrounded by multiple languages (thai, laotian, russian, and Arabic).

We plan to, me obviously English and my OH will speak Tamil, he does have some family over here who we'll ask to speak Tamil to bubs, so hopefully it'll work out that bubs can speak both languages.

I think mine will most likely speak more Russian than Thai as well because I speak Russian to her all the time, but hubby speaks both English and Thai and since I spend most of the time with her and am planning on sending her to Russian daycare (we're on waitlist now :wacko: ) then it's most likely she'll speak my language :cloud9: I really hope she'll pick up Thai as well and not boycott both languages and end up speaking only English...hehe

Here are some recent pics of my bubba....she's now almost 4 weeks old :happydance:

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/Shadow_lover123-2008/September%202012/sof1_zps897ec5c8.jpg

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/Shadow_lover123-2008/September%202012/sof2_zps91f3bbdc.jpg

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/Shadow_lover123-2008/September%202012/sof6_zps4cb9e72f.jpg

She's Persian and Russian from my side and Black, Native American and Scottish from my DH side

Awww she's gorgeous! I wondered what she might look like ;)

Yeah, ya know....she might boycott both languages. I'm talking about my lo. If anything hippie she understands at least lol

I think for us the difficulty is that my DH only speaks English so we communicate in English while I talk to Sofia in Persian. I need to teach my DH Persian too so the baby doesn't get confused. He knows some word and can get by a bit but not really fluent.

I don't think baby will be confused. Most likely they will talk in both languages, so your DH will be the one confused when trying to communicate! :rofl:

I've seen it happen in other families before :)

When I'm home alone with her I speak Swedish and my hubby Malay when he is alone and when we are together we speak English so she get used to all of them :)

My LO is always around his grandmother so will speak Chinese as well as English. He may not speak Chinese very well but he'll at least have a good understanding of it. My DH speaks Chinese but rarely does, he prefers English. I only know a little Chinese, I'm mostly awful at it.

Autumn: Oh my goodness she is too cute! I can't believe she'll be 1 in a few months. I remember when you were still pregnant! Time flies.

My LO is starting to look more white, but really doesn't look much like me still. Definitely looks half and half! When he was first born he nearly looked 100% Chinese.

Attachments

• willsmall2_zps4b5bd4c4.jpg
    willsmall2_zps4b5bd4c4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 10
  • willsmall3_zpsf83d0d68.jpg
    willsmall3_zpsf83d0d68.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0220_zps0ff8d48c.jpg
    IMG_0220_zps0ff8d48c.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online