big baby and not diabetes?

ThatGirl

Proud mummy to alfie
Reaction score
anyone had this? i should be 28 weeks on sat but they put me forward 6 days at scan, cos he was big
cos i have a bicornuate uterus/heart shaped they expected him to be smaller than average but hes quite abit bigger already weight about 3lb 6oz as anyone else had a big baby and not had diabetes

Yep, imi was predicted 10+lbs and born at 8lb 13oz. Some people just breed em big x

Lo was 5lb 8 at 34wks and they said he would be 7lb 8 but arrived 2wks late and weighed 8lbs 10.5. After he was born they tested him for diabetes but he was fine.

I wouldn't worry really as 6 days put forward isn't making a big difference in size iykwim?
Scans aren't all that accurate they are very educated guesses so you still might end up with an average sized bubs.

From our scans (hospital and private, including a 4D one) we kept being told that Noah was going to be 7lb to 7lb 7oz...

I measured exactly to date the whole way through my pregnancy up until 39 weeks when I suddenly shot out a couple of extra inches and Noah was born weighing 9lb 2 1/2 oz's

He's a very healthy baby, no diabetes, he just decided to have a last minute growth splurge!

I was told Ophelia was ranging between 7-8lbs and she came out 9lb11oz DOH!

When I was in labour with my LO the midwife said, "ohh I think we have a small one here, he's going to be a little underweight"
My little man was born 8lb13 :dohh:, I know he wasn't overly big but he was by no mean's underweight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->