Big baby - early delivery?

sunshine2014

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound last week and the baby is weighing (approx) 7 pounds - this is off by a little bit obviously, but my OB and nurse both confirmed she's big. Just wondering if anyone has delivered early, or what I should watch for? I have a c section booked in 4 weeks (at 39), but have a feeling I won't make it that long...

Any one have experience with this?

Big babies don't mean early deliveries, in fact my babies came early and were small...I've had a couple friends go full term with large babies, is this your first? My first and second were both early but statistically speaking if it's your first and you've had a mostly uncomplicated pregnancy, you have a good chance of making it to your csection date ;)

Yup, it's my first and I do hope I make it to c section date! I was just curious - because I was out last night and everyone was commenting that she could come at any time, so I got worried lol.

My DD was 10lb nearly 3 weeks early via induction, and my DS who i am carrying now is measuring 6 weeks ahead. Not sure on plan of action with him right now, got a scan a week Tue to.make a decision. My midwife told me that it's common for people carrying.big babies not to Go into Labour naturally without help, as your body cannot cope with the size. But there's plenty of people who do it all naturally on time also. Just a waiting game i guess xxx

My first was just over 9 lbs and I was 8 days late. People just say stuff like that probably because they just don't know what else to say.

Dd2 was big and they didn't change anything she was delivered at 39 weeks

DS was 10 lbs 3 oz and I wound up with back labor for two weeks, body wouldn't dilate past 1 cm, and so he was born at 39+2 via c-section. It's not uncommon for large babies to require help and stay in the womb longer even with gravity at play. We tried EVERYTHING to get him to come before 39 weeks, even had my OB giving us homework of sex and nipple stimulation ;)

Thanks ladies! Good to know! Hope she stays in there cooking for 4 more weeks :)

Also, just remember scans are not always accurate either at predicting weight, they can be off by 2 lbs which is quite the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->