Big bleed an hour after 12wk scan - anyone else?

Oswin

Reaction score
So I had my 12 week dating/NT scan yesterday. It was just a normal abdominal one. Baby was fine, very active, though a couple of days smaller than I expected. The tech didn't press hard and the scan only lasted a couple of minutes. An hour later I felt a big lot of blood just sorta pour out of me, then had mild cramps for a few hours. I'm assuming it was because of the scan, just wondered if anyone has experienced this with an abdominal scan??

(We went to the hospital and my cervix was closed, and I have a scan tomorrow. I had another big bleed after the doctor examined my cervix. I've found baby on doppler today.)

I doubt it was because of the scan, more likely a coincidence. A tiny bit of pressure from outside on your abdomen wouldn't be enough to cause a bleed inside at 12 weeks, I would've thought. What did the doctor say, did you ask them if the scan caused it?

I don't think the scan would be the cause to be honest! Hope everything is okay, good that you found baby on the doppler :)

No, I didn't ask. We were in a ward for 7 hours just waiting and only saw the doctor for a few mins for an examination. The nurses said it can be normal, which I know. Will try and get some info at my scan tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->