Big boobs ladies...where did u get your nursing bras from?

I thinkni will wait till I am 37/38 weeks (if I can carry myself about then and little one isnt erly) and go in to bravissimo for fitting..and then I will buy one that is 2 cups bigger..for when milk comes in. Hopefully it wont be off the scale..lol...do these shops measure accordin to their own sizes? Or can I measure at bravissimo and get a bra in that size in m&s or debenhams?...bravissimo r good but expensive..so im thinkin of gettin one good bra from bravissimo and a couple from another cheaper shop..

Bravissimo is absolutely the best place to get measured, they are the closest thing to experts, as so many 'fitters' in shops these days don't know what on earth they are doing (M&S being one of the worst places to be fitted FYI). All these UK stores and brands use the same bra alphabet, the only difference will be that a 36G in one brand could have a tighter/looser band/cup than another brand. There's usually not too much difference though, but if you google a particular bra you're after, there are tonnes of bra blogs that talk about the fit of each bra and/or brand. The most difficult thing with being fitted is the misconception of adding inches. Only add inches to get a bigger band size if it is truly too tight/uncomfortable (when not pregnant I say don't add any inches at all).
I have a bra one cup size bigger for after milk comes in, but I won't buy any others until I know for sure.

Thanks Cordelia...I reckon I will go for a fittin at bravissimo and buy 1 or 2 bras 2 cup sizes bigger and get more wen milk comes in and settles...the thot of buyin an H or J cup is a bit depressin tbh..and with ne already on mat leave mobey will be tight so I'd rather not spend too much per bra if I can help it

I went to mothercare and they were lovely, im now a 40f, I was a 36e/f dependant on bra lol prior to being pregnant. I felt so comfortable being measured and the staff were really friendly and professional. I bought a nursing bra for £16 which will last and is comfy lol and 2 pack sleep nursing bras for £24 xxxx

Bravissimo are fantastic. I got measured when pregnant with my son and there was no pressure for me to actually buy from them - they are happy to just measure you. I bought one nursing bra from them and a couple more of the same ones from ebay. I have bought from them since then as I found they were the only ones who measured my 36J bust correctly.

Another thing you can do, is find and try on the ones you like at Bravissimo, then find them cheaper online. They are usually cheaper online anyway. Good luck! :)

Mine are from Bravado and are very comfy and not as in attractive as some because at least they have colours.

Thanks ladied I'll go get measured at Bravissimo and see what optiond they have online..thry di my wedding bra and wen I thot I couldnt possibly put these ladies in straplesd they found me one and it looked amazing..pricey but lovely. I obviously cant fit into it anymore (maybe someday) ..but now I dont really mind how it looks just as long as it keeps the boobs up and doesnt give ne a uni-boob I'll be happy

Definitely recommend getting measured at Bravissimo as opposed to m&s or mothercare of course there are exceptions and it differs from branch to branch but I have heard a lot of stories of mothercare measuring to what they have in stock and can fit you into it as opposed to your proper size and I had that experience with m&s as well as them insisting I was a 38D which I haven't been since before I had kids. I couldn't even fit into the cups at all and it wouldn't fasten on the back and the bra fitting ladies kept insisting it was fine and had enough room. When I finally convinced them it didn't fit they still ended up fitting me as a 40F which was ok at 37 weeks but after they had shrunk in the wash (on a cold wash) and my milk had come in, they were useless. I then got some bras that were 40H and they fit fabulous. This was with my youngest and those no longer fit me but I am going to get the 40J in that same style as aside from the cups it still fits perfectly everywhere else xx

Eta: the bras I got that fitted well were the Emma Jane ones not m&s :D

mothercare measured me at 44F sold me a bra and its the most uncomfy thing i have ever worn. A private retailer run by a very nice lady measured me at a 40K got me a bra and the difference is amazing, the support unreal and give me shape, not bad for no underwire etc (royce)

I often fine these private shops to be a lot better (they have to be, as a bad review amongst friends in a small town will ruin a business)

Hi, i'm a 38F and got my nursing bras from M&S and Mothercare. M&S ones are really good and supportive and the Mothercare T-Shirt one had a good shape but did find it hurts a little on the side of the boob towards the end of the day. xxx

I didn't use them at all...
I just wore normal t-shirt bras and "folded" the cup underneath my boob when I was feeding.
That also helped keep them up :haha:

I have just bought 3 nursing bras from Elle McPherson intimates, they are so pretty & 2 of them were in the sale for £8 each! I am normally a 34 E but had to get 34/36 F! I would highly recommend these bras as they look lovely and fit so well.

I have just bought 3 nursing bras from Elle McPherson intimates, they are so pretty & 2 of them were in the sale for £8 each! I am normally a 34 E but had to get 34/36 F! I would highly recommend these bras as they look lovely and fit so well.

Where did you buy these from? :) x

I got them from the Elle Macphetson initimates outlet store in Cheshire Oaks outlet village near me.

I just went & got measured today, pre pregnancy I was a 34 DD, I am now a 36G, holy crap!! Got a dbl pack in Debenhams for £25, not too bad. Bravissimo does a few options, but not many & not very competitively priced either. Seraphine do some gorgeous bras, but only up to a DD/E unfortunately :(

I just went & got measured today, pre pregnancy I was a 34 DD, I am now a 36G, holy crap!! Got a dbl pack in Debenhams for £25, not too bad. Bravissimo does a few options, but not many & not very competitively priced either. Seraphine do some gorgeous bras, but only up to a DD/E unfortunately :(

Lol and ur milk isnt even in yet!! Im dreading to think what mine have gone up to. I think they make up atleast a quarter or my total weight now they r sooo massive..lol. hopefully they will shrink back after LO stops feeding..lol. I will look at Debenhams once I have had my fitting at Bravissimo as unless they have a sale I dont think I can afford them on a budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->