Big bump

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So, some of my bump is a little bit of pudge, I will admit that. I didn't have a flat stomach when this pregnancy began, but I also had a flatter stomach than I have in a long time! Right now, I cannot even hide the bump anymore. Seriously. My uterus, confirmed by my midwife, has indeed moved about an inch above the pubic bone, maybe a little more, and I think it's moving everything else up if that's possible lol. Perhaps some is still bloat and some is still constipation, but since the uterus moved up I have noticed my bump is unmistakable. I had OH take pictures and I'll post them for you. At 5-6 weeks, you could definitely tell it was bloat, then that went down in the 7th week, now I'm 8 weeks 3 days and my belly stays the same shape no matter the time of day, if I've eaten or had BMs, etc. It's kind of exciting but embarrassing because I KNOW that I'm not supposed to be showing this early, yet for whatever reason, from whatever factors, I am. Like I say, it is not all baby/uterus but some of it most def is! I look totally like I'm 12 weeks but I'm barely 8.5 lol :D I'm just embracing it. I know it's not the norm but I think it's starting to look beautiful! It's not huge, like I don't look like 4 months or anything, but it's big enough that I just can't hide it anymore. I think it's exciting :happydance: I'll try to take a pic with my phone now so I don't have to wait for OH's pictures.

Also, sorry for the scale: in the middle one with the shirt up I moved closer to the mirror because when I stood far away the light was overexposed on my belly and I looked like a formless ghost lol, so that's why the belly looks a bit bigger in that photo than the others with the shirt down, I was standing closer to the mirror by like a foot or half a foot or so :)

Attachments

• IMG246.jpg
    IMG246.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG248.jpg
    IMG248.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG245.jpg
    IMG245.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
Oh girl, you are not alone. check out my prof pic. I'm only 9 weeks! It doesnt go anywhere either. We were waiting till 12 weeks to tell people because of past losses but there's NO hiding it! Oh well :) I'm okay with a baby bump ;)

I always start showing high (way higher than my uterus) and I think for me it's also my uterus pushing all my organs up and out :haha: I know it's not bloat because it never goes away - it just keeps getting bigger until the end. I'm feeling way huger this time - my entire midsection just looks so much wider. No actual bump yet, but I can't suck it in at all - even in the am. And yay for bump pics!

Wow! I actually can't wait to look pregnant. Right now I just look (and feel) like I've been eating too many cakes. :(

I always start showing high (way higher than my uterus) and I think for me it's also my uterus pushing all my organs up and out :haha: I know it's not bloat because it never goes away - it just keeps getting bigger until the end. I'm feeling way huger this time - my entire midsection just looks so much wider. No actual bump yet, but I can't suck it in at all - even in the am. And yay for bump pics!

I got the exact same impression about the uterus pushing the organs up and out!! Mine doesn't go away either and I can actually very clearly feel my uterus above the pubic bone so I think it's very possible! Maybe some of us girls just move up faster than the textbooks say we should and the norm as well! Lol. I know, I can't suck mine in at all either and it's not flabby or pliable or able to be moved around, it just stays where it is lol, even if I'm laying down. Even in the morning. Thanks for that on the bump pics! I just noticed it so much today especially with this shirt since it's kind of tight and I was like, "Yep, no way of hiding that!"

LeahLou! You look beautiful in your pic! Congrats on your bump. I hear you, it's going to be really hard to hide this from people until 12 weeks! Thankfully, I don't see most of my friends and most of my family in person because I'm living internationally, but the friends I have here, one of them owns the doctors clinic I go to so she knows already lol, another I volunteer with at my church so she knows, and my landlord saw me yesterday and said she would have known even if I didn't tell her. It's because it doesn't look like fat, because there's no weight gain elsewhere on the body, just suddenly the belly is bigger and round! Lol! Well I'm happy for you! We get to enjoy the bump longer :D I just think back to the girl I bought the maternity jeans I'm wearing in this picture from. She was 8 weeks at the time I bought them from her and her stomach looked like a washboard with maybe a teeny bit of bloat lol! I was 5 weeks when I bought these because of my initial bloat! And definitely early on it WAS bloat, but it's clearly not now.

<3 Thanks for the positive responses ladies and I'm happy for you with your bumps, too! I hate when someone tells me that I "can't" have a bump yet because I'm too early because while they're probably right according to their own experiences and the books and Google, my midwife and I know different lol, so I now know that some women just have the uterus move up early and it's different for everyone! I also have a BM every day so I highly doubt that's a BM bump :haha:

Wow! I actually can't wait to look pregnant. Right now I just look (and feel) like I've been eating too many cakes. :(

Aw Tangerine! That's how I felt weeks 5-7, super bloated and I just felt chubby :( It will happen eventually! I still fight the urge to try to make my belly appear small just as a knee-jerk reaction and then I remember, oh yeah, I'm pregnant lol. So I say even if you don't have a clearly defined bump yet, rub that belly in public and be proud because it IS baby related, after all :)

Also, your ticker is so cute! What does, "up the duff" mean?

OOH great pics! Definitely looks like a bump starting there! :thumbup:

Thanks sun!!! It sticks out so much on the bottom doesn't it? Lol. Do you have bump pics? I'd love to see yours, and everyone's!!!

Thanks sun!!! It sticks out so much on the bottom doesn't it? Lol. Do you have bump pics? I'd love to see yours, and everyone's!!!

LOL Mine doesn't look like anything at all yet. My regular pants don't fit anymore, but if you didn't know me you would have no clue!

im showing but die to previous pregnancies at like 6 weeks my uterus fundal height was that of someone at I think they said 10 weeks so now im filling out and when bloat is gone bump is still there

Some women do show earlier;) I say just embrace it! You have a beautiful bump...this being my 3rd baby I'm worried I'll be showing at only 6 weeks lol..but its an exciting time... I always have found (for me anyways) that I really pop out around 23-26 weeks....even though I tend to show early as well...but I tend to look bloated until the 20+week mark. And then I have a huge belly lol!!

Hi!

I'm 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first child! I have been showing a little for a whir but these last two weeks I have really started getting bigger. I haven't gained any weight actually lost 16 pounds because of morning sickness.

I'm a teacher of 8 th grade math. I was trying to wait to tell my students but I can't wait much longer. I'm showing too much!!!

im showing but die to previous pregnancies at like 6 weeks my uterus fundal height was that of someone at I think they said 10 weeks so now im filling out and when bloat is gone bump is still there

Aw cute! I wonder why our fundal heights (that's the word! I didn't remember what it was!) are so much higher than normal? Well either way congrats to you! Do you have pics? :D

Some women do show earlier;) I say just embrace it! You have a beautiful bump...this being my 3rd baby I'm worried I'll be showing at only 6 weeks lol..but its an exciting time... I always have found (for me anyways) that I really pop out around 23-26 weeks....even though I tend to show early as well...but I tend to look bloated until the 20+week mark. And then I have a huge belly lol!!

Aw thanks! Aw hehe, well, if you show that early then you must put your pics up! :D

Hi!

I'm 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first child! I have been showing a little for a whir but these last two weeks I have really started getting bigger. I haven't gained any weight actually lost 16 pounds because of morning sickness.

I'm a teacher of 8 th grade math. I was trying to wait to tell my students but I can't wait much longer. I'm showing too much!!!

You might tell them and they might be like, "I knew it!" :) Aw, congrats for you!

cuuute! looks like definite baby bump :D

Hi!

You might tell them and they might be like, "I knew it!" :) Aw, congrats for you!

Yea! I'm sure they are wondering! Especially this week!

Aw Tangerine! That's how I felt weeks 5-7, super bloated and I just felt chubby :( It will happen eventually! I still fight the urge to try to make my belly appear small just as a knee-jerk reaction and then I remember, oh yeah, I'm pregnant lol. So I say even if you don't have a clearly defined bump yet, rub that belly in public and be proud because it IS baby related, after all :)

Also, your ticker is so cute! What does, "up the duff" mean?

It's just a slang term for "pregnant."

Haha we're still trying to keep it a secret from most people so I won't be rubbing my fluffy cupcake bump for a few more weeks. :winkwink:

Aww lovely lil bump. I'm trying to hide mine from my family and work place until our scan next week. Not sure ill manage as I look huge (2nd baby aswell) also I have to try keep the twins under wraps (boobs) lol as they r huge compared to normal. Thankfully I've had no major morning sickness to give it away ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->