Big gap pregnancy/birth TTC#2

emsieb

Reaction score
I had my first baby at just 19 with my now ex. He has nothing to do with our child, but I have met and fallen in love with my gorgeous OH, we have now been together 4 years and he is a doting father to my now 8yr old son. We have been TTC #2 for the last couple of months.

I posted a few days ago asking people what their 2nd pregnancy and births were like, but I am intrigued to find out how it was for ladies that left it a long time between 2 children.

My pregnancy with my son was quite smooth, I didn't get sick, but got big quick, I got stretchmarks but figured as everything else went so smooth it was a small sacrifice. I had alot of small bledds during the last month and so was booked into be induce 3 days before my due date, unbeknown to me I'd already started myself and was 3cm dilated the night before induction. The next morning I was 4cm and they broke my waters and popped in the drip to help aid contractions. I had my first pain around 10am, and was in labour at 12pm, after 2 1/2 hours my son arrive all 8lb 5oz of him healthy and I managed to get away with using just gas and air and one stitch inside, so all in all I had it quite good.

The midwife (that came to my home a few days later) said to me that any following baby I'd have to watch out as it would come alot faster. Also I have been told that following babies would be bigger.

Is this true after such a big gap? or is it like having the first again as I've left it so long?

I am TTC so not yet pregnant, nothing will put me off, so I'm happy for everyones stories be them good or not so good :haha:

well...i can share what i know....let me say i have a 12 year old son....who was my hardest labor. I got toxemia with him and had to have him early, 37 weeks, so he was only 5 pounds 6oz. It was a horrid labor an birth. I then found out i have PCOS and did not have my 2nd child until 6 years later. his birth was AMAZING. I knew what i wanted and how i wanted and all went as planned. He was 7 pounds even. He was induced as well at 39 weeks, ( only b/c i live 45 minutes from the nearest hospital). But i showed a lot earlier and the pregnancy was great for the most part. I did have a MMC back in Feb of last year and I am now preggy with my 3 child, so there will be 13 years between this one and my first and 7 years between my middle child and this one. So far, this pregnancy has been fine. My doc say i am high risk b/c of the low birth weight on my first child, my weight, and that i had issues with my first child. They are also doing a lot of preventive stuff to make sure they catch the first sign of any problems.

Now my personal thought is i LOVE that my children are so far apart. I get one on one time with each of them and they love to help. I have been able to help with any special needs they have and it has been an amazing blessing for us. Hope that helps

my eldest is 17 and was born at 37 weeks he was born after his waters broke, needed drip to bring on contractions and 24 hours later he arrived.

My daughter was born exactly 11 months later at 7 weeks, 4 hours after my waters were broken

I then had a 9 year age gap had to be induced at 42 weeks, had 2 lots of gel and my son was born 28 hours later.

MNow 7 years on I'm doing it again (eek) hope it will be quicker - both my boys were back to back which does take longer.

I had my son 18 years ago. Pregnancy was a breeze - I wasn't even tired! He had to be induced at 42 weeks and required forceps assisted delivery ( I had an epi). He weighed 9lb 6 oz.
I am now pregnant with my second and have felt really unhealthy throughout. Exhaustion, nausea, colds, flu, viruses and viral rashes. I'm not due for a few months yet but have been told by one midwife that it will be like having my first all over again as it is such a big gap. I just hope my labour and birth is easier and baby isn't so big.

I have a 15 yr old and 12 yr old. Those pregnancies were a breeze- felt great. This one not so much. I just put it as being much older this time around.

Honestly i think that each pregnancy is different regardless of how far apart they are.

My doctor did say he was going to find it interesting to see how my labor goes this time. He says sometimes after a long lapse 'your body resets itself', so I could be like a first time deliverer.

Ahh we'll see

GL HUN

I had my first 14 years ago it was a dream pregnancy and I hardly knew I was preggo I'm now pregnant with my second and I've been so tired and sick all the way through I have SPD so it hurts to walk and to be honest I'll be glad when she's here! lol
No wonder they say haveing kids younger is the best way to go! x

Well, I had my 8 year old son when I was 19 and now having my second with a different partner so a very similar story here!

I have also wondered whether or not it would be like giving birth for the first time all over again as it will be almost 9 years since my son was born (baby due 30th July, Louis was born 13 days late on 15th August).

This pregnancy has been quite different, I spent the majority of the first 3 months feeling mega sick, tired, ratty and run down. But with Lou I was fine, just ratty. I hate it when people say "ooh could mean it's a girl". What a load of tosh!

I hope you get the outcome you want and good luck with ttc :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->