Bike Buggy Trailer

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
Does anyone have a double bike trailer for their children? I'm thinking of getting one for my 2, almost 3 year old and my 1year old. How practical are they? Id be using it for nursery run(about 30min journey on bike), park trips, shop trips etc. How easy are they to manoeuvre? Are they sturdy/feel safe? Also are they easy to steal if the bike has a bike lock on?

We have a Thule Chariot and we use it all the time in the summer for going to the park, running to the store, or just going for a ride. It is very sturdy and easy to maneuver, but we do have the kids wear bike helmets when thy ride in it just to be safe. It is very easy to remove from the bike, so if you just locked up the bike and not the trailer then it would be super easy to steal. If you're worried about that then I'd use a cable lock so you could wind it around the bike, the trailer, and whatever post or bike rack you are parking the rig at.

We have a cargo bike called Baboe Bakfiets (similar to this) which is one that has the kids at the front. I think for me that feels safer as I am able to see them. I used it for the school run every day except when it poured with rain. We have a cover which they can sit under but I don't fancy cycling and getting wet lol. The boys loved their "buggy bike" and so did I. The only downside to ours is that it very heavy and I wouldn't manage a hill with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->