biological clock - what age???

xxannxx

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm a single mum of 1 and had a bit of a pregnancy scare recently with guy I was seeing casually. I wasn't pregnant, which was for the best, but was quite disappointed, which shocked me a bit, as didn't realise how much I still want another baby someday, and how upset I'll be if doesn't happen.
So, it has got me to wondering, at what age do you think our biological clocks kick in???
(I'm 28)

I'm 28 and have wanted kids since about 25, but the biological clock has only seriously kicked in this year.

I am 28 and had my 1st this year...I have wanted his since 17/18!

I think that its starting to get "late" at 40 and over these days!

28 is still young in my opinion...but for me I think what really counts is the right time for kids...

Back when I was 17/18 I was still studying and didnt have a job, also no partner. Now I have a good job and a lovely partner and it was the right time for us. Also I wanted my kids either close together in age or with a 5 year gap and since OH is 33 we decided the first option was better!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Maybe its the age gap thing that is getting me so broody. My LO is almost 3 now and growing up by the day, certainly no baby anymore, so maybe thats why find myself craving for another???
I agree 28 isn't old, but always planned to have had my family by age 33-35, so guess time is running out. However, would never plan to get pregnant without a partner, so will have to wait for prince charming!!!:blush:

Im 28 and trying for my first very soon, So excited.
Have been ready for many years but it was my other half who just wasnt ready for the responsibility.

I've decided in me it's 26 when the biological clock turns from a gentle steady tick to a loud banging :rofl: I've wanted kids from when I was a kid, and have set a date at the end of the year to start trying. I don't know if it's because I have a timeline, or if the clock would have started ticking louder anyway.

Roll on finding Prince Charming for you :hugs:

I'll be 25 soon and feel mine starting to tick now xxx

It didn't kick in for me until I was 31, but when it did, it was powerful! We had intended to TTC Nov of 2008, after a trip to Africa that we were both going to go on. I bought Taking Charge of your Fertility in Feb and decided to chart until TTC so that I would have a baseline for my cycles. I noticed that my temps were really low and the book said that this could indicate a thyroid condition, which in turn could have an impact on fertility. Suddenly, I was sure that I was going to be infertile and was absolutely obsessed with trying right away so that if I was infertile, we could sort it out as soon as possible!!! We got pregnant on our second try, and I don't know if I would even count the first because I think we missed ovulation.
It meant no Africa, but I am glad my hypochondriac self/biological clock took over. There was always going to be something to wait for, otherwise.
So yeah, no ticking at all from the clock, then straight to alarm bells! :)

My bio alarm started going off big time as soon as I hit 30!!
OH took another couple of years to make up his mind tho :dohh: lol

I never wanted kids EVER... then I woke up one morning just before my 34th birthday and my waking thought was i have to have a baby!

I think it depends on your environment a bit. This year one of my friends had her first LO and it was like a switch had been flicked in my body/brain and all I could think was babies for a little while. I've since been to stay with her and her dd and now the clock is back on 'snooze' for a while thank goodness!

Actually I think my clock is at its loudest now. It is all I can think of and I am just making myself miserable.

Mine has been ticking since i met hubby at 17, but it has started ringing properly at 25!

Mine didn't kick in till 35.

I had my first at 19 years old. My biological certainly was NOT telling me that it was the right time, but it happened. Now that I have a two year old daugther that definitely does not seem like my little baby anymore, am 21 years old, I can REALLY feel the clock. It isn't so much that I'm running out of time, but there is definitely a higher power or a subconscious process going on, because I cannot for the life of me control my feelings for wanting another baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->