Biophysical Profiles

theroselegacy

Reaction score
Any other women scheduled for biophysical profiles of their babies in their third trimester? If so how frequently do you go? Due to the stillborn loss of my first child, I was scheduled for monthly ultrasounds to monitor my second baby, which seemed normal and I found re-assuring. Now that I am in my third trimester, however, my OB is sending my for weekly biophysical profiles for the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy. I feel like this is a bit excessive, and am confused by how many they want done, considering my pregnancy has gone very smoothly. I feel terrible, like a bad mother, for complaining about something that is keeping an eye on my baby, but I am wondering if I should question my OB on if it's really necessary for me to go every week?

We have alot of patients who get weekly BPPs. Not only patient's with previous loss, some patients have them done because of high blood pressure. Our clinic tells our weekly patients it is very important to keep them weekly and even reccomend not going over 7 days without one. Personally, I am on high-risk medication, and starting at 28 weeks will have growth scans every 2 weeks. You could discuss with your doctor but most of the time BPPs have to be weekly.

I have to go in every week starting at 35 weeks for ultrasound or NST and I dont have any history or high bp. I think my doc just wants extra read outs

The MFM has ordered weekly either NST or BPP until 32 weeks, then twice a week. I also lost my first and this pregnancy seems to be going fine (other than being diagnosed with GD, but that's been pretty controlled throughout). I feel better knowing they are checking on the babies frequently. (We also have growth every other week and fluid checks between.)

I have to have BPP's weekly due to high blood pressure starting at 32 weeks (next week!), and I've had monthly ultrasounds since 20 weeks. I know it's a lot of ultrasounds, but on the other hand, I am excited to see our little guy every week until we get to meet him so that I'm sure that all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->