• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth Addicts R Us!!

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Woohooo.....

A whole section dedicated to labour & birth - and for an addict like myself this is fab news!! :thumbup:

Lets hope this will enable us to share experiences and enlighten others, as well as provide answers to those questions you don't want to ask your midwife!!

:kiss:

Am I a labor addict if I have had 6 babies and 2 sets of times I have back to back, ?? 200,2002 and 2003 then again at 2009 and 2010...I also had one in 1997. LOL I have been pregnant almost a dozen times but half that are live births. I truely love giving birth. They say thats the hard part NOPE its not, raising them is.

Yay I think I may be spending a lot of time in this section :happydance:

Sooo... How do you feed your addiction?

I watch birth shows, read birth stories, research birth and labor, and I am currently waiting for one of our goats to give birth. Can't wait to see how many kids she has!

I'm watching a birth show as I type this:haha: Great section.

I just had my 1st baby and I went into it feeling like I knew everything that could happen all because of BnB:thumbup:

I remember watching every single birthing/labour/baby show when I was pregnant I wish this section as here when I was pregnant on this forum!

Sooo... How do you feed your addiction?

I watch birth shows, read birth stories, research birth and labor, and I am currently waiting for one of our goats to give birth. Can't wait to see how many kids she has!

i'm the same :haha: DH cant understand why i watch them :haha: esp as he's adamant he wants no more :dohh:

I am def. a labor addict!! :D
So excited about this section!

I still watch birth shows. Heck I record series so I can watch them and not forget they were on, days in advance lol :haha: My DH says same, why...and he wants another in a few years but I want one right now. I have 6 lol you figure I be blocking those channels hehe.

I kinda belong here too hehe... and I agree.. if I had to choose which was easier, giving birth or raising the kids, giving birth would win every time!! :p

Great section. I also love watching birth shows.

I really enjoy giving birth, i love it all... from the first contractions that have you thinking ''is this it??'' to the ones that really take your breath away and make your toes curl to tell you that... yes... THIS IS IT, to the wonderful empowering feeling of the baby descending then crowning and the most amazing feeling in the world when you see your baby for the first time.
I enjoy raising my children but birthing them is something so special & powerful that nothing compares to it.

I was sure that this forum wouldn't open until I'd already given birth. Hooray, I can post here!

I love it too! Only have one child and hate the thought of having a section and missing out on the expereince, I dont see anything wrong with a section for those who want or need it but for me it really would be deverstarting, missing out on labour and stressing about recovery!

I have a high chance of a section due to it being twins (if i ever make it that far) but hope and pray i get to expereince labour again and the pregnancy bit im not very good at lol!

I was so excited about giving birth to my LO, I used to watch the shows like "I didn't know I was pregnant" and "Pregnant in heels" and I talked with all my close female family members who had children. But my birth experience with DD was horrid, so it kind of chased me away and made me not want another child for the next 5 years, if at all

i hated it, so much so my first is almost 16 and it took that long to decide I would try for another. c section is booked for 27 july, and i am kept awake with worry that i wont be able to hold on til then as it is week 39 - terrified

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->