birth announcement matthew born 10/7/11 - warning quite traumatic

Lysal

Reaction score
Just wanted to say my beautiful boy is here and well although he did choose to make a dramatic entrance into the world.
It started Saturday afternoon when I developed a pain in my pelvis. Because it was constant I didn't suspect it was labour and just thought he had dropped or something. Over the course of the evening the pain became worse and began to come in strong waves every 3 minutes. I phoned the birthing center and was told it sounded like early labour and as it was my first it would take ages so have a bath and try to sleep. By midnight the pains were every minute about 50 seconds long each and extremely painful. I called my mum who was going to be in the birth with me and dh and also tried the birthing centre again. They still said wait at home. When my mum arrived I was in agony and she insisted we call again and tell them we are coming in.
We were told the birthing centre was full but to go to the delivery ward in the hospital and we'd be transferred when space became available. We were taken to a room and told to provide a urine sample. I was still in a lot of pain but the midwife disappeared for ages. She eventually returned to fix me to a monitor and then was having trouble finding his heartbeat. He was in distress and his heartbeat was so slow they thought it was mine. They then sent for a doctor who came very.quickly and told me I would need an emergency c section. I was terrified at this point. I had to sign the concent form with my left hand while having a contraction so it looked nothing like my signature.
My husband was given scrubs to put on and I was rushed straight out and along other corridor to theatre.
In the theatre they were brilliant although I didn't appreciate it at the time as I was terrified. The anasthesiologist (sp) was brilliant although I yelled at him as he put the block in my back because he kept telling me to be still and drop my shoulders while I was having a contraction. He answered all my questions throughout and explained what was happening. When they got Matthew out he was rushed to a side room and dh went with him. It seemed to be ages until he cried but as soon as I heard him I relaxed. Although I was still scared of the operation that didn't matter as much as knowing he was.safe.
Afterwards they told me his blood oxygen level was very low but just on the ok side of very low. He had had a bowel movement in the womb and had his cord wrapped around him tightly. If I had.been any later to the surgery we'd have lost him.
If my mum hadn't insisted we go there and then or if the birth centre had.been available we wouldn't have got to surgery in time.
After the c section I went into shock and couldn't stop shaking so I couldn't have skin to skin time as my body temperature was too low. The recovery from the operation and I am in quite a bit of pain but its worth it to have my beautiful boy here and safe.

So sorry to hear about your traumatic labour and delivery, you must have been so very frightened!!

Huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby boy. Take tine to recover physically, and emotionally, and enjoy him xxx

Congratulations Hun,sounds so scary and must b there first time I've ever heard a mw tell u to stay at home when contractions are a minute apart xx

Congratulations, all the best for a speedy recovery x

Congratulations! I am so glad that everything worked out in the end for you and your little one! They truly are worth any pain in the world.

awww :flower: glad all worked out in the end, amazing how fate works out...birthing centre "thankfully" full and your dear mum!! PHEW!!! for them! :happydance: for baby being fine though!! xx well done you xx

Sounds like a very frightening experience but I'm glad everything turned out fine in the end! Did they say why it felt so painful and different at first? Was it your body knowing something was wrong?

congratulations, im pleased everything worked out well in the end.
I really belief that sometimes its just best to listen to your gut instinct and go in regaurdless of been told to stay at home just to get checked, as the midwife on the other end of the phone does not know that baby's heart beat is ok.
Well done you for going in.

So glad everything worked out ok. Your story will remind me to insist upon being checked out if I don't feel right even if midwives keep saying to wait. Thank God you listened to your mum and went in. Congrats xxx

Thank goodness it all worked out well for you. Have to admit, I was surprised to read that the midwife told you to stay at home with your contractions that close together.
Congrats on your boy :)

Congratulations ! Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope your little one is better now too :hugs: xxx

Congrats, I'm so glad you and your baby are well after such a traumatic delivery. xxx

You must have been worried but I'm so pleased everything worked out in the end.
Congratulations :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->