Birth at a military hospital

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
I am a military wife and will be giving birth at a military hospital. I still have a few months to go but I was wondering if anyone else has ever given birth on base. I will be delivering at Eglin AFB in Florida. I know most if not all civilian hospitals provide you with pads, disposable undies and things like dermoplast spray but I have no idea if I should expect the same on base. Any advise on things that I should bring/buy or what I dont need would be appreciated. I like to plan ahead and would like to start getting my bags ready soon as I will be doing some traveling and I want to be prepared just in case I have to deliver early at another base hospital.

I'm in the military and might be giving birth on post as well. Depends on the weather for me. But you should ask them these questions because every hospital is different. If/when you take a tour of L&D, make a list of questions and they'll answer. Good luck :)

So funny, I will also be delivering at Eglin! I had my first two sons there as well. They provide you with disposable underwear (those fabulous mesh things) and giant pads after birth. You don't get any spray, but you do get one of those bottles to rinse yourself after you use the bathroom to use in lieu of toilet paper post-birth. You can also always ask for more undies and pads; I did this last time and took quite a few home for use there.:thumbup:

If there's anything else you want to know about my past experiences, just ask! I had a great time with my last two births at Eglin and am looking forward to having my third (and last!) kiddo there.

So funny, I will also be delivering at Eglin! I had my first two sons there as well. They provide you with disposable underwear (those fabulous mesh things) and giant pads after birth. You don't get any spray, but you do get one of those bottles to rinse yourself after you use the bathroom to use in lieu of toilet paper post-birth. You can also always ask for more undies and pads; I did this last time and took quite a few home for use there.:thumbup:

If there's anything else you want to know about my past experiences, just ask! I had a great time with my last two births at Eglin and am looking forward to having my third (and last!) kiddo there.

Lol, that is awesome. This is my first and I have no idea what to expect. I guess I will have to bring the numbing spray with me then. The pads and the mesh undies are supposed to be great though. Im sure I might have a few questions later. Would it be ok to send a private message later if I need to?

Lol, that is awesome. This is my first and I have no idea what to expect. I guess I will have to bring the numbing spray with me then. The pads and the mesh undies are supposed to be great though. Im sure I might have a few questions later. Would it be ok to send a private message later if I need to?

Yeah, absolutely! I'm more than happy to help if you need it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"