birth control problem

doodisgurl

Reaction score
Ive been on birth control for about 6years, since i was 12, now 18. I stopped taking them in Aug. I finished the pack but didnt start a new one. I still have not had a period.I seem to be a little bit more bloated but Ive taken a test and it said negative. Is this normal? How long should it be until im able to get pregnant?

It may take a while for the chemicals to get out of your system.
Also depends what birth control you were on too.

As to how long will it take to get pregnant... How longs a piece of string! can vary between a couple of months to years for some.

I was on BCP for 6 years. I jsut went off of them after my wedding in June. My periods shifted a bit, but they're normal. I asked my doc how long it takes for them to come out of your system. He said one month/one cycle. But if you're not getting your period at all since coming off of them, it is possible you could be preggo, but I'd call your doc and schedule an appt with him b/c there maybe a hormone imbalance too b/c of the pills. Good luck!

I would check with your Dr just to be safe. Im sure everyone's bodies are different. But when I was on the pill and I missed pills and even when I stopped taking them, my period came right away. But like Hypnorm said it could also depend on the type of pill you are taking. Good luck hun.

Hi, I had a period straight away after coming off the pill but a friend of mine didn't have a period for 12 months she had all sorts of problems. In the end they put her back on the pill for 3 months then she had to have a break for 3 months to try and kick start her cycle (didn't really understand it much!) Anyway she fell pregnant on her 3 months off! I would def make an appointment to see your Dr

Also if you have lost or gainded a lot of weight, had a change to your lifestyle, been sick or if your stressed this can stop you from having periods. It can take some people a while to get there periods back on track! You should def go to the doctor to get it checked out though!

I Was On Yasmin Bcp For 7 Years Stopped Taking Them In September Had A Period 32 Days Later. It Just Depends Hun

normally if i missed one pill i would start bleeding but now that im not taking them at all I havent had a period yet.i was on yasmin i took a home test and it said negative but that may be because it was a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->