• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth Control question...

brittxmarie

Reaction score
I had my daughter on 5/6/15. I went on June 24th to have the Mirena placed but my cervix wasn't open enough (had an elective C-section) and he tried to open using a dilating tool and poked a hole in my uterus resulting in no Mirena. I started my pills that same day because I had spotted some that day and he said that it was most likely my first period starting.

Well the spotting stopped by the next day and I haven't had any since. Is it going to screw up my cycles if that wasn't actually my period? OH and I had unprotected sex twice because of spur of the moment stuff (he pulled out way early both times) and every other time has been protected.

I just worry that 1) my cycles are all jacked up now or 2) I could've possibly gotten pregnant again.

Anyone with experience in either area?? And please, I know the risks/consequences of my actions...I just need some advice/words of wisdom of those with experience :wacko:

I think you are covered after the 1st week of pill use but I may be wrong. That's how mine works at least. :flow:

You'll be absolutely fine starting the pill anytime in your cycle. The hormones are strong enough that they'll override your natural cycle. You may find the first couple months are a bit weird, with spotting or irregular bleeding here and there, as your body gets used to it. They recommend you start after you finish your period, just so you know you aren't pregnant when you start and you are on them well before you ovulated. That's the reason for waiting to start them until you've had your period. The only thing is that since you don't know if you ovulated just before or during that first week (it should offer protection right away, but there are no guarantees), certainly it's possible you were still fertile right when you started to take them. So yes, if you did have sex straight away when you started them, it's always possible to be fertile then and get pregnant (usually they say wait 7 days before having sex or use a condom). The bleeding on that day was probably irritation of your cervix from the failed IUD insertion, which is normal, as is just spotting in general the first few months pp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->