Birth of Che Harry - not planned homebirth but still very positive experience!

was recommended to read your birth story as a positive induction experience -thanks so much for sharing!!
what the deal with wireless monitoring then? I could have done wiht that last time!! Will have to ask next time i'm at the hospital...

That second picture is one of the CUTEST baby pics of all time!

Congrats on your little guy!

Che is gorgeous, congratulations xxx I read your story because others had said it was postive and I am terrified of being induced on Satruday

thank you for all your lovely comments!

Holywoodmum - the wireless monitoring means that you can have the monitors attached to you but they are not wired directly into the machine which means that you are free to mobilise as much as you want to. With the wired machine you can mobilise to an extent but you are restricted to the length of the wires. My labour ward apparently only had 2 wireless machines and luckily 1 was free.

Delilah - I had not really researched induction at all as I was planning to have a home birth so was not sure what to expect apart from reading negative stories about the pain coming on a lot faster than with a natural birth. I was petrified of child birth after watching a programme last year and I was literally having a panic attack after watching it, sobbing and hyperventilating.
I read Childbirth Without Fear which REALLY changed my view point on labour. I don't know if you have read it but it made a lot of sense. Basically it talks about the fear-tension-pain cycle. When you are in childbirth if you get scared of the 'pain', the expected pain or what is happening then you release adrenaline. Adrenaline actually works against your own hormones which are causing the contractions and causes the muscles of the uterus to actually work against each other which does indeed then make the contractions a lot more painful than is necessary.
So I just concentrated on my breathing which enabled me to stay calm and concentrated. I did have that stage where I could feel myself losing control and I could feel the contractions getting a lot stronger during this time and was not sure if I could have coped with it then. But when I pulled myself back in and concentrated back onto my breathing (the gas and air really helped with giving you something to concentrate on) the difference was very noticeable and went back to being manageable.

Also in my birth plan it might sound like a silly thing but I asked that noone referred to the contractions being 'painful' or 'the pain' I wanted it referred to as 'pressure' or the 'sensation'. 'Pain' is such a negative word and once it is planted into your mind it can have such a negative effect on your state of mind. I will PM this to you incase you don't come back onto this thread but all the best for Saturday.

x

CG thank you so much for your reassuring words. They make sense and I will try to focus on the breathing and staying as relaxed as I can. Replied to your pm hon. Mxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->