Birth of Freya Helen Willow

Groovychick

Reaction score
I started having contractions on Friday 10th June, one day before my due date. Initially I thought they were just digestive related cramps but their timing and frequency soon dispelled that theory! :dohh: I continued contracting throughout Friday and even managed to do some food shopping in the afternoon! :blush:

I had a bath in the early evening to try and relax although found it difficult for obvious reasons! Once my contractions were coming every five minutes I phoned the hospital. I was advised to wait until the pain was unbearable before making an appearance. I managed to tolerate the pain for a further five hours before calling my friend to give me a lift. This was at 2.30 A.M.

I arrived at hospital where they checked me over and admitted me to the labour ward. I was monitored throughout the night by a student doctor and the midwife. I was found to be around 6cm dilated at 7 A.M. As my waters hadn't broken, they were done so artificially. My contractions immediately became more intense and painful. Up until this point I had been using gas and air but found it increasingly ineffective as the contractions increased.

I soon had the very strong urge to push and was given permission to do so. Despite pushing with all my might, I wasn't making progress and Freya's heartbeat began to dip. Encouragement from both the midwife and my friend gave me the determination to push even harder. I was asked if I wanted to feel the head crown, but declined. My little girl was born at eleven minutes past nine on Saturday 11th June, her actual due date!

I sustained second degree tearing which was later stitched up. I couldn't believe that I had a little girl and had actually given birth to her! :blush: She weighed in at 7lb 9oz.

Congrats darling i had no idea you had her already since im not ttc anymore i havent been on much

https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu169/mkrock1/GlitterBirdHouseThankYou.gif

well done mama and congratulations!!! and I LOVE your name choice.. Freya was my number 1 choice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->