Birth of Heidi Melissa Hicks :) 3 days overdue!

T

Tasha92

Woke up at 7am with cramping pains in my lower back and stomach but never really thought much of it so tried to get back to sleep. I started timing the pains after about half an hour of not being able to settle again and they were coming every 6-8mins. I went through to my mum to let her know before she had to leave for work and she said that if they get any worse or get to 5mins apart then i was to call her and she would come home. I went in for a hot bath at about 12.30, which was great but when i got out, the pains got stronger, but still only 6mins apart. I waited until about 2.45 before i just had to call my mum as the pains were getting too much, so she came home, we got my bags and went up to the hospital.
We got to the hospital at around 3.10 and my contractions were still only at 6mins apart and the midwife told me i was 2cm dilated, so we decided t go for a walk about the hospital and while we were outside on the phone to mч dad, the contractions started coming every 2-3mins so we waited for my sister to get there and then went back up to the ward where they gave me a gown and a bed and told me to sit tight. Theч gave me morphine, which was great, felt so high it was unreal! The contractions slowed down slightly with the morphine, down to about 2-5mins apart but as soon as the morphine wore off, they were back with a vengence at about every 1-2.5mins and i was in so much pain.
At about 7.30 the ward sister came through and said that they wanted to transfer me to a bigger hospital for an epidural because i was in so much pain and only 3cm dilated, so they gave me another dose of morphine for the journey but i really didnt want to go. I was hysterical and begged her to check me again because the pains were back after 30 secs of finishing and its a good thing i did, because she checked me again and said "cancel that plan the only place your going now is the labour ward!!". I was 7cm dilated and they didnt want to risk me giving birth in the abulance so they rushed me down to the labour ward and broke my waters (8pm).
Theч gave me gas + air down in delivery, which made me really tingly and about an hour and a half later the midwife was telling me to push!! At 11pm she told me that if i couldnt push the head out in the next contraction she would have to cut me as the heartrate was dropping, and i really didnt fancy getting cut so i pushed with everything i had and at 11.02pm Heidi was born, sleepy due to the morphine, not breathing because of the cord around her neck and high blood sugar levels because she was distressed and after what seemed like forever of me panicking with loads of doctors coming into the room and me hearing no cries my little girl let out a screech and then started crying!! A night in the SCBU to keep an eye on her later we were together and i couldnt be happier!!! She weighed 8lb 10z and was 48cm long :D

congratulations, I love her name (Heidi is my name :)) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->