Birth Of Liam Jay Hallick 23/05/2010

X

xxEMZxx

I finally have the internet at my new flat so I can update you on the birth of Liam Jay Hallick :)

As I posted on here the week before I was getting very bad back pain which I was sure was a sign of labour. The Thurs before I went to my midwife appointment and told her and she was right in saying she thought I was in early labour and may go into labour within a couple of days, however my midwife did come out with alot of rubbish most the time so I just dismissed it esp as I was still not due till 30th May! Well basically the Saturday (22nd May) I went to a BBQ and a around 7pm I had this massive pain all in my stomach that killed and had a strange feeling something may be happening but I carried on with the night and felt fine after that. Me and my bf went back to mine that night, thank god he wasnt planning on staying over but for some reason (maybe intuition) I really did not want him to leave me that night and had a massive strop on him until he said he would. I'm so glad he did!!!

We got home at 11pm Sat night and got straight into bed, was absoloutely knackared but couldnt really sleep. Then at about 5 past 12 Sunday morning I was just laying there and felt something down below. I woke my bf up and said I think my waters have broke. He said dont be silly, but as I sat up they flooded absoloutely everywhere!!! We were in complete shock as I always thought contractions would come first and waters some time after, boy was I wrong! We rang the hospital and were told to go straight in!! In a total rush we packed up hospital bag and got in the car with my waters still going everywhere I was absoloutely soaked lol! Got to the hospital and was seen by a midwife who took my bp and urine sample and said it was obvious my waters had broke so didnt need to examine that! I still didnt have any contractions so midwife booked me in for an induction for the monday morning if I hadnt gone into labour by then. However I then started to get contractions which were about every 10 mins apart but werent too strong, so I was sent home told to have a bath relax and the midwife said she thought I'd be back by 5am!

The contractions started to get alot stronger and were every 5 mins by time I got home. I was told to ring back when they were every 3 mins so I had a bath (which seemed to make them worse!) and then tried to get into bed but I just couldnt relax. To be honest the whole thing about being at home makes it more relaxing was crap to me! I just wanted to be in hospital with people who knew what they were doing if something went wrong! By about half 4 the contractions were getting more painful so I phoned up. I could tell they didnt want me to go back but I did anyways!!! Was examined at about 5am and was 3cm, but they said they wouldnt send me home. I think they knew that I would progress quite fast and didnt want to risk it. I was so glad as really didnt wanna go home!

I used the birthing ball which really helped as well as eating but I ended up being sick absoloutely everywhere all over myself and the floor lol how embarrasing!! I was told to have another bath which I did at about 8am and they said would check me after to see if I was dialated anymore. Was in the bath for an hour and a half until I literally could not cope with the pain any longer!! Got out, was examined at about 10am and was 5cm! Finally I could have gas and air!!! Was such a relief, so there I was with the gas and air and on the birthing ball. The gas and air really helped at first but soon the pain got more but I was encouraged not to have any other pain relief and to be honest at that stage I was coping well so I didnt ask for it. They said they would check me again at 2pm to see how much more I was dilated but I never got that far lol!

I was in so much pain at about 12ish and the contractions hardly had any breaks. I then asked for an epidural but the midwife said she thought I was too far gone. I asked her to check and I was 8-9cm!!! It all became a bit of a blur after that. I know I was pushing for 40 mins. I remember being on the bed on all fours at first and then moved to this thing like a toilet where I stayed until I gave birth.. The pushing seemed to last a lifetime esp as he kept moving his head back again the little bugger!!

Anyways, at 1.41pm on Sunday 23rd May Liam was born weighing a massive 9 pound 7 (I was told by everyone including the midwife that my baby would be average not to big, not to small!! Boy they were wrong lol!!).. After he was born I took a while to push placenta out.. After I did it all got a bit manic. I remember trying to move on the bed and telling the midwife I was about to faint. Suddenly doctors and other people all rushed in and I was told I had had a lost alot of blood and they injected me to stop the bleeding and had to have some stuff on a drip as well for a few hours but all was fine. I lost over a pint and had to stay in, was very close to needing a blood transfusion.

I got to go home Monday night with everything fine with me and baby :) 5 weeks on we are doing great!! Still cant believe I managed to push him out with just gas and air as I really thought it would be alot worse and that I'd be effing and blinding but I was really calm all the way through!

Here are some pics..

Liam and daddy
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs582.snc3/30688_129638413717411_100000137606651_332731_1766607_n.jpg

Liam the next day
[img]https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs541.snc3/29638_129950943686158_100000137606651_334445_1902154_n.jpg

Liam at 3 weeks
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs047.snc3/13442_136398746374711_100000137606651_369489_5129099_n.jpg

Liam today :)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs018.ash2/34256_139975009350418_100000137606651_388809_6878282_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs018.ash2/34256_139975022683750_100000137606651_388813_6648095_n.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

congrats on little Liam - he's lovely! :flower:

wow, I love his full head of hair! a proper little man x

Congrats!! He is adorable!!!

Congratulations! What a little cutie! You did well, he was a big boy! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member