birth options clinic

Lalaloopsie

Reaction score
had an appointment to attend one as I've had a section and a vbac,
first time I've heard of this clinic though as last time I just saw my consultant.
is it midwife led or consultant led?
do they pretty much ignore what you say anyway unless it's what they want to hear (like my last consultant)
thanks x

I had mine today as I had to have a C-section with my last.

She just talked through the options available to me and the pros' and cons of both. She asked if I had any idea of what I'd like to do and then we discussed the options within that choice. (I would like to have a water birth and wondered if I could have that if they need to monitor me all of the time duer to my s-section scar, they said yes they could and that they have a birthing pool on a labour ward which i could go into rather than a pool in the 'homely' birthing centre which can't monitor constantly. That request is now in my notes - so from my view it was worthwhile me talking to her about it as I had no idea that option was available to me.

I must admit I arrived with a fair level of skepticism and 'god, what now!!" though!

I think I'm very skeptical, my 2nd dd was an emergency section after a quite traumatic labour, so when it came to seeing the consultant about dd3 I wanted a section as I didn't wanna go thru that again (after being told it was my choice etc) but pretty much got told no ur having a vbac so I dunno what to expect from this one. x thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->