Birth partner scripts for Hypno?

hapi2bhealthy

Mummy to 1 princess
Reaction score
Where do I get these? I did the classes and read the book but so far haven't found anything...?

I would like to have something my hubby can say to me at the height of my contractions in transition to remind me to keep going a little longer...

Do I just write them myself...?:shrug:

I used the Mongan method and during the classes, they just had our partners read out the beginning of the rainbow relaxation script to us. I don't think you actually need a script per se. You could practice so that a touch on the arm or other such physical contact makes you relax more.

During labour I really did not want people talking to me - found it very distracting. My husband figured that out pretty early on and he would grasp my arm to help me focus. If I lost track of breathing (happened a very few times), he would remind me my deep breathing right next to my ear so I could hear him and breathe along.

I used the Mongan method and during the classes, they just had our partners read out the beginning of the rainbow relaxation script to us. I don't think you actually need a script per se. You could practice so that a touch on the arm or other such physical contact makes you relax more.

During labour I really did not want people talking to me - found it very distracting. My husband figured that out pretty early on and he would grasp my arm to help me focus. If I lost track of breathing (happened a very few times), he would remind me my deep breathing right next to my ear so I could hear him and breathe along.

We had this too!
Although the first few times he read it to me I ended up getting the giggles as it was a weird situation to be in with him reading to me.
But then I ended up getting more relaxed after him reading to me than the teacher (it all comes with practise!)

Does anything come up when you google the mongan method?
If I had a scanner I would scan them in and send you them :(

I'm using natal hypnotherapy and I'm not sure if there are actual scripts for partners as I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet (though there is a chapter on what partners can do, so there probably are some in there). But for us, I'm just going to write some myself because I already found a few things that I'd like to be reminded of while I'm birthing. It won't be anything too complicated, just a few phrases and the usual '3,2,1 Relax' trigger that they use in natal hypnotherapy. I might also cut out and laminate some photos that my husband can hold for me to focus on if I feel I need something visually to stare at (for instance, a flower bud opening up, which is like the cervix dialating, as well as some ocean waves to remind me of the rhythmic nature of my contractions, etc.). I'd say focus on the things you feel like you'll need the most support with and try coming up with something yourself, as that will probably work better for you than any generic script.

Thanks ladies!Now we have moved apartments, I can get really serious about this stuff...especially as NO-ONE thinks I will make it to 40 weeks and either way, time is quickly falling away! :happydance:

Can't wait to meet our little poppet, experience labour and birth, and grow as a family! (And finally use those cloth nappies I have hehe)

I didn't have any kind of script. I basically just had DH leave me alone (except when I needed him to add pressure or stand with me or something). I just used breathing to calm myself and that worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->