Birth plan advice !

mummie2be

Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of threads on here about Birth Plans but I still have NO idea what to put in mine! I want a basic birth plan with simple instructions. I wasn't going to make one but with the difficulties that my in-laws are causing me I feel like it is now necessary.

Can anyone suggest good things to put in it..?

Im pretty much going to wing it and all I asked is its a water birth if possible, only me and oh in the birth and he cuts the cord but I am also going to be on high monitoring for this birth and may not get a water birth.

no lie... mine is literally 3 words... get her out

I like that 19Mommy!
After my first (which resulted in an EMCS) I'm not doing a birth plan. My 'plan' is to try and stay at home for longer this time around. The bath at the hospital is tiny so I would prefer to stay at home and relax for that little bit longer. I'll try music.... But in all honesty, I'm just going to go with the flow. I'm not opposed to pain relief (after being induced before, I kinda know what to expect as far as pain goes).
I think so long as your partner knows your wishes, that is really all you need. Let your birth partner know whether you are open to pain relief, and make sure they keep you informed throughout.

You might want to note:

What type of fetal monitoring you would like.
Who your support person is. Partner, doula, mom?
If you want a Heparin lock or not.
If you want to avoid pitocin and epidural, unless necessary.
If you want to avoid an episiotomy.

I did mine today in half an hour. I'm not very educated regarding pushing positions, pain meds, so I just want them to tell me my options and I'll choose what feels right at the time.

I included who is in the room with me, that I want it to be quiet in the room, I want to be coached for pushing, and I want to hold my baby ASAP and breast feed ASAP.

Also that if she has to be taken for any procedures that DH or myself or my sister will be with her at all times.

And that after baby is settled in the room with me both sets of our parents will come to visit and then a text can go out to brothers and sisters. And absolutely no Facebook posts of any kind from anyone.

It really depends on the things that are important to you. For me, I was sure to include things like avoiding an epidural, but can be offered IV medicine. C-section as a last resort only. No episiotomy. DH to cut the cord. Skin to skin contact and breastfeeding ASAP. I brought mine to my last appointment, and she faxed it over to Labor and Delivery. I feel so much better having that done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->