Birth Plan Template UK

BroodyBlair

Reaction score
Would anyone have one they'd like to share? Some of the templates i've saw online are too detailed. Thanks xx

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/birth-plan.aspx

This is the one I did.

Thats the one I was gonna suggest. I recently found it. Its handy to know how many things you need to consider rather than just hand writing out what u think u need covered

I was just going to make a bullet point list of the things that are really important to me, but I'll have a look at that document in case there are things I haven't thought about.

Do the Midwives really read all that?

I was just going to make a bullet point list of the things that are really important to me, but I'll have a look at that document in case there are things I haven't thought about.

Do the Midwives really read all that?

Bullets points are the way to go and definitely what the midwives prefer :thumbup:

There's a bit in your blue folder about birth plans too, Can't remember which section but there's a couple of boxes to note down your feelings about where, with who, pain control etc.

Might be worth checking out and writing something in?

It depends on your area in some areas the pregnancy notes are just the bare basics, space for MWs to note down what happens at appointments and then a section for if you're admitted to hospital no other info or birth plan template xx

My pregnancy notes (pink book) have 2 pages of brith preferences which I just filled in last week and my midwife checked yesterday. She was very happy with what I wrote, so hopefully my MWs at the hospital will read them,

I haven't bothered to do a birthing plan as such... My husband who is also my birthing partner knows my preferences but things don't seem to be going to plan for me anyway so I'm just going to play it by ear on the day.

I haven't bothered to do a birthing plan as such... My husband who is also my birthing partner knows my preferences but things don't seem to be going to plan for me anyway so I'm just going to play it by ear on the day.

Same here. With my first, my birth plan didnt even come out of the bag, so after that I have always prepped OH with the basics.
All I have written on my notes is that I want delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage

Same here. With my first, my birth plan didnt even come out of the bag, so after that I have always prepped OH with the basics.
All I have written on my notes is that I want delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage

Without sounding totally stupid, what is delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage? This is my first so I'm not really clued up.

Without sounding totally stupid, what is delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage? This is my first so I'm not really clued up.

Delayed cord clamping is where they don't clamp the cord immediately after birth. They leave it until it has finished pumping blood (only a few minutes and you still cuddle your baby etc while its happening). I think it's becoming more normal in a lot of hospitals anyway as they now know that immediately clamping the cord cuts off a third of the babies blood supply, and oxygen.

A physiological third stage is where they don't give you the injection to make the placenta come out. It makes me horribly sick for a few hours after birth. You just wait for the placenta to come out on its own.

Hope that helps :)

Starting filling mine out but Mw said not to bother as it looks like i might have a c-section. All I'd put on there is delayed clamping, no students and NO forceps. I was undecided about pain relief options as I really don't think I will like gas and air but again I may not have a choice.

Delayed cord clamping is where they don't clamp the cord immediately after birth. They leave it until it has finished pumping blood (only a few minutes and you still cuddle your baby etc while its happening). I think it's becoming more normal in a lot of hospitals anyway as they now know that immediately clamping the cord cuts off a third of the babies blood supply, and oxygen.

A physiological third stage is where they don't give you the injection to make the placenta come out. It makes me horribly sick for a few hours after birth. You just wait for the placenta to come out on its own.

Hope that helps :)

Wow there is so much that I don't know! That is a big help, thanks hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->