Birth plan

clarel976

mum of 2 and PAL
Reaction score
Hey ladies
Does this sound reasonable, gonna show it my consultant tomorrow

• Drip in none dominant arm (left)
• Put ECG dots away from the front of the chest, if possible, on back of shoulders and on the side
• Once babies head is out, drop the drape
• Deliver baby slowly allowing the lung fluid to be squeezed out of babies lungs and for us to see baby be born (walking the baby out)
• Discover the sex for ourselves
• Place baby straight onto my tummy/chest
• Delay cord clamping
• Dad to cut cord
• Do babies checks whilst still with me
• Dad to take baby to the scales when baby needs to leave me
• For me to have as much skin to skin as possible as long as everything is fine with baby
• Baby can have vitamin K injection
• Baby to be breastfed (hopefully)

There is a thread on here with a video on a "Natural C-Section" which is exactly what you are asking! Maybe it will help you show your Dr. what you want! :) GL and I hope you have an amazing birth!

There is a thread on here with a video on a "Natural C-Section" which is exactly what you are asking! Maybe it will help you show your Dr. what you want! :) GL and I hope you have an amazing birth!
Thanks so much
Its that thread where i got the ideas from, I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound too OTT. Many thanks and good luck to you also x x

Sounds good. They might not let the dad cut the cord while baby is still attached, but they'll leave the cord long enough for dad to 'trim' it lol

I don't think that it sounds OTT at all! If I have to have a c-section this time I will be asking for the exact same thing! :)

Sounds good. They might not let the dad cut the cord while baby is still attached, but they'll leave the cord long enough for dad to 'trim' it lol
Thanks Marley hope you and you LO are doing well x x

Well it was the registrar I saw today, she said most of it would be possible apart from she has to cut the cord, and the baby will be have its checks done before it comes to me as one side of the curtain is sterile x x

Congrats hun! That sounds amazing! Keep us updated when LO gets here! :)

Im just writing my section birth plan, I have 11 days to go. So far I have only got that I want skin to skin and if I cant take her she is to go straight to hubby and that I want to BF. I see my MW tomorrow and was going to ask her what other things I should include if I'm pretty much open to them getting her out the best way we will both be safe. Skin to skin and BF are the things so important to me, is there anything else I've overlooked? I'm at the nervous stage now so have probably forgotten something really important!

Well after reading Marleys birth story and watching more videos I'm not happy with what they have said. The baby should be able to come straight to me after its born. I'm gonna push for this, go clarey go clarey!!!! just watched a video and they took the baby and measured its length and head and rubbed it and poked around while it was screaming its head off and the poor mother had barely seen him

Yep I would def fight for it. I am not sure what the difference is when you vaginally give birth you are able to have the babe during checks. I know they have to sew you back up etc. but I think that skin to skin right away is the best part! You go Clary! :)

I think you're right to fight for what you want. I never got skin to skin until recovery, but I was ok with that as I had got the next best thing and had her delivered straight onto my chest - which was amazing. The checks were not done straight away, but after 5-10 mins.

I saw my MW a few days ago and asked about skin to skin after a section. SHe told me to start mentioning it as soon as I walked in the door to anyone that comes into contact with me lol. She said to be forceful but polite and to keep saying how important it is to you. She said they would wrap baby up and bring her over to me at which time hubby could help me move my gown and put her under it.
If for some reason its too complicated then my OH is going to take her for skin to skin. There is no way she is being bundled up and put into a cot.

Thanks girls
Marley I think even delivering straight onto chest would be fine with me but she said they couldn't, I would be happy with that, your birth story sounded great. I'm the same as you Em I don't want it bundling up and sticking away somewhere I want it with me after all this eager waiting lol x

Yep I would def fight for it. I am not sure what the difference is when you vaginally give birth you are able to have the babe during checks. I know they have to sew you back up etc. but I think that skin to skin right away is the best part! You go Clary! :)

Haha thanks Krippy x

Thanks girls
Marley I think even delivering straight onto chest would be fine with me but she said they couldn't, I would be happy with that, your birth story sounded great. I'm the same as you Em I don't want it bundling up and sticking away somewhere I want it with me after all this eager waiting lol x

They can, they're just choosing not to. Start asking for a doctor that will, don't just accept them saying 'oh we can't'. There are doctors doing this now in hospitals across the UK. Speak to the head of MWs as well about ensuring that if nothing else you have a supportive MW in with you to support you in your choices.

Hey ladies
Ive been to midwifes today and she has booked me in to see my consultant next week so i'll discuss it with him not his shitty registrar xx

I have just got back from my pre op where my birthplan was brought up. We spoke about skin to skin and she said so long as babes temperature is ok then Im allowed. She said babies are born wet and the theatre is cold and that usually they will dress baby right away. She has agreed to take baby and just wrap her in a warm blanket and put a hat on her and then bring her to me but they will monitor her and take her away if her temperature drops. We can then have her back once in recovery where we can both be wrapped in warm blankets.

^^ that's crazy, it's well documented that skin to skin is the best way of regulating baby's temp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->