Birth pool question ladies x

Donch03

2 boys 6 & 8 TTC #3
Reaction score
Was wondering if I can put my liner in the pool to make it ready or should i leave it until I intend to fill it?

Also is it acceptable to fill the pool and keep it heated and half change the water every 24 hours to keep it clean?

Thanks ladies xx

Putting myself on this thread cause I also would like to know!!!

Any ladies have any idea's?? Also I have NO clue when to actually fill it if I do fill it before labour actually starts don't wanna jinx things by filling now and then going overdue by ten days!! That would be just my luck lol x

Ok, no anwers here - I will post this on my home birth FB page and see if there is any information forthcoming. Will share then!

(It's called "Homebirthers & Hopefuls" and very active, private but you can ask for access!)

Thanks ChrissiK! :thumbup: I'll try and find it, but if not would you mind letting us know how you get on please?
x x

i wish now i had half filled my pool and just had it to add the hot water too as we didnt get it filled in time lol i had a floating cover for it and all so we could have and we should have filled it earlier in my labour but things pettered out a bit so we deiced to sleep but no AJ wanted to arrive and the pool was just full enough but not hot enough when i needed it lol

i wish now i had half filled my pool and just had it to add the hot water too as we didnt get it filled in time lol i had a floating cover for it and all so we could have and we should have filled it earlier in my labour but things pettered out a bit so we deiced to sleep but no AJ wanted to arrive and the pool was just full enough but not hot enough when i needed it lol

That's EXACTLY my fear, since my last one was under 2h from first contraction to birth... and I REALLY would like a water birth this time!

May I ask how long your labour was? Did you not even get in then? Maybe I should get one of those heat covers... Another things to buy!? Sigh.

Someone on another of my threads recommended a tarp or something similar to cover it, then a thick blanket over the top just to keep the heat in.

And hopefully someone will be able to get back to us about the cleaning tabs soon :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->