Birth Story - A bit late

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi.

It's a bit late but been very busy ;)

1st August : I was due to be induced 7am 2nd August, after dropping my son off to my parents for the night went into sainsbury's to get last few bits for the hospital, started to get some pains in the lower tummy & back which I had to stop for but didn't really think much of it. (8.30pm ish)

Got home & I started to think it could actually be happening by itself, started having a bounce about on the ball & things started to heat up a bit but contractions were very irratic nor regular at all, by 12am they were painfull but still all over the place sometimes 4 minutes apart sometimes 7 minutes lasting anywhere from 20-50 seconds called the hospital but told to have a bath take some paracetomal & it would probably ease off but still come in for induction booked for 7am !!!

After having a bath & a lie down(1 am) it wasn't easing off at all but still no real pattern to them but getting more painfull, called hospital again to be told just wait at home as long as possible until they are closer together but if I really couldn't cope to call back & go in.

So went for a walk with hubby to see if it helped then another bath, contractions were between 3-5 minutes now & pain getting bad as couldn't talk through them so called hospital back, student midwife said she couldn't find anyone & to call back but I really couldn't so insisted she tell them i'm coming in, they said take a slow drive (2.45am )......

Arrived at hospital at 3.30am took me in to assesment where they seem to take ages to come in & do my bp checks etc .... really painfull now & bp machine not working nearly blowing my arm off lol .... anyway student mw was doing all the checks when she did the internal to see how far along I was & then she had to call the mw in to recheck, I was convinced I wasn't even starting to dialate & nearly cried when she left the room but to my surprise the mw came in checked & said your fully dialated we will get you a delivery suite ready now :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

(4am) FINALLY gas & air ....amazing stuff !!! Mw asked if I would like my waters broke, while she was nearly there they burst all across the room :dohh: just missing her ha. After 15 minutes of pushing my lovely little man arrived safe & well. No stitches nothing :happydance::happydance:

Such a postive birth I am still amazed now.

Harry James arrived 4.29am 2nd August 9lbs 4oz of pure perfection

PS. Sorry for the long long story could of cut that alot shorter lol !!!!

Glad your labour went smoothly, well done and congrats!!!! Xxxx

Congratulations. Glad all went well and no stitches! Well done you.

Wow what a great labour! Congrats on the birth of your little boy xx

Sounds like a near to erfect labour! Congratulations xx

Wow, that's a birth story to envy! Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back