Birth Story - At last - Long and a bit ranty....

Congrats on your lovely baby! What an experience you had. I know what you mean about how scary it is when they take your baby off when things don't start off quite right. My son was whisked off right away, too, and I didn't get him back for 12 hours (though I was able to go visit him in the NICU after a few hours). I hope you can heal up soon!

Minkymoo really sorry to read that you had such a hard time. I can't ever imagine what it would be like to be pushing for anything like 5 hours. That is a nightmare.

I was really fortunate I had a long early labour but once I was at the pushing stage he was out in something like 3 or 4 pushes. I guess I should write my boring story.

It was a bit bloody much to be honest! I told you I wouldn't have a straightforward birth!! If theatre hadn't been so congested I'm sure I'd have been in sooner but nobody told us anything for ages. One MW did tell me to stop pushing after about 3.5 hrs but my body couldn't help it. I still can't walk around the block for 10 mins without feeling like I'm having a prolapse...

Please write your story so I can see :)

Ok I've written my boring story. When you have the urge to push I really don't know how you could stop pushing. Complete nightmare that nobody told you anything or had another theater they could take you too. I really think I would be asking questions of the hospital for that. I know they have limited resources but leaving you in that condition for 5 hours is wrong if you ask for my amature oppion.

Really hope you are better soon. Are you finding the physio is helping?

Hi,

Finally seen this. congratulations of the birth of Niamh.

I was induced and had the vomiting, back pain and urge to push before I should. Sorry it ended so traumatically.

Hope you are enjoying being a mummy, it is the best job in the world.

now thats what i call a birth story, sorry it was crap but she is beautiful, id be interested to know how you get on going through your notes xx

Congratulations!
Your LO looks so cute in her daddys arms x

Wow hon what a birth story :shock: how the heck did you manage to remember at all :wacko: Sorry it was so traumatic and you were left for so long :(

Congrats on the birth of Niamh though shes a little beauty :)

Hey glad to see your birth story :) I also had a traumatic labour with over 4 hours pushing and do experience some pain/ongoing physical complications down there from the experience, 9 months later. Let me know if you ever need to chat, very few women have ever pushed that long (you really aren't supposed to!!!) so it's somewhat of a more rare experience. Congrats on the baby. I know what you mean about not wanting to do it again though.

What a story!! I'm sorry it didn't go smoothly but your little girl is gorgeous!

Congratulations xx

congratulations!

it's shocking and worrying that your story comes from a UK hospital, sounds like you went through it hun! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->