Birth story - long labour

Ziggy2

Reaction score
Well here is my birth story it all started last Tuesday night when my waters broke, I phoned the delivery suite and they said that most people would go into full blown labour naturally within 24 hours, but if I didn't to go in at 5pm on wednesday to be monitored and to discuss induction. Well nothing seemed to happen so of we went into the hospital on Wednesday, they booked me in for an induction for Thursday at 8am. But the midwife also gave me a sweep to kick start things - which it didn't! On thursday we made our way to our local hospital which is 5 mins away only to told on arrival that they were too busy to induce me but I could go to another hospital 40 mins away where they were less busy, we decided we would do this as I was getting very frustrated by this point.

When we arrived at the hospital they monitored me and explained the induction process, which included inserting a pessary to soften the cervix, they would leave this in for 24hrs and then check again, then start the process again if it hadn't worked. well the first pessary didn't work, it must have fallen out! So they tried again by this point it was friday afternoon, he 2nd pessary seemed to work I started getting mild contractions and by early sat morning my waters broke again ( i think these were my forewaters) and by 6am I was in active labour - they called my partner and he rushed to the hospital. I was in agony by this point so had some pethidene which made me just not care about the pain, and once on delivery I started on the gas and air which is a godsend! After 3 hours I was fully dialated and started to push, after 2 hours pushing I was making little progress so they decided I would need assistance. I was taken to surgery for a forcep delivery, they gave me a spinal block so I couldn't feel a thing - which was such a relief by this point. Within a few minutes Sophie Hannah was born on Saturday 3rd July at 11:50am weighing 9lb and half an ounce, she was screaming and had red marks on her face from the forceps. She is absolutely delightful and we are just settling in at home.:cloud9:

Congrats! Sounds like a nice healthy lil girl!!!

congrats on the birth of little Sophie! Glad to hear you are settling back at home now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->