Birth story of Alexander James

angie79

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
well it all started about 10am on the 27th july when i started feeling sort of tighenings but i thought it was braxton hicks - it wasnt painful just annoying - so i went about my day doing the shopping and get a jumper for the other half and then i came home and mopped the floor and hoovered - still i didnt think it was labour as although the tightenings had been happening all day they were not painful.

So i picked the oh up from work and we had dinner and then i went for a wee and when i wiped there was blood so i knew it was my show - i got in the bath and suddenly the tightenings got painful and almost instantly were 3 mins apart - this was at 7pm - at 9 i got my oh to call the labour ward who said they were full and too come in in about 2 hours - looking back i think its because i believe they didnt think i was in real labour - 30 mins later we headed to the hospital still my contractions were 3 mins apart and bloody sore. I was put in a labour room when i got there which is the only one they had and had all my obs taken and they finally she checked me and i was 4cm this was at 11pm and i was given gas and air - which was lovely but i found i got used to it and a hour later it just wasnt working - when i got there i had already decided on a epidural so the ball was in motion anyway and i got it about 12am - i found i stilll had to use the gas and air for about 30 mins after it was done and then it was total pain relief and i just tried to sleep a bit. My oh was already asleep by this point :haha: after working all day i wasnt surprised - At 3am she checked me and i was fully dilated but he was really high up still so wanted to leave me for 2 hours in the meantime they tried to break my waters but couldnt and then suddenly they went with such force it felt like someone was kicking me up the bum. It was then they saw meconium and they decided that i wasnt going to wait to start pushing and got me started straight away but i couldnt feel any pressure until the epidural started wearing off so it made pushing a bit hard. They decided because of that that they would use the ventouse to help him to come down - With the help of this and the epidural wearing off i managed to get him out in 20 mins - i tore when his head came out as it was so quick and had a 2nd degree tear which was stitched up after - the mw said i had loads of water and i flooded the place :haha:
I was in a serious amount of shock about how quick it was but really pleased with my birthing experience and i now have a lovely 8lb 11oz little boy to show for it
I had to stay in for 24 hours after because of the meconium but we are home now

xxx

Attachments

• 100_0014.jpg
    100_0014.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 5 mins old.jpg
    5 mins old.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1 day x 2.jpg
    1 day x 2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 26
Well done Angie, you did so well :flower: AJ is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen :cloud9:

arrw he is utterly gorgeous! thats also the same name that me and hubby had chosen. good taste! lol x

Lovely story Angie and congratulation again!

I think you even beat my 4 and a half hours in active labour lol. So glad it was so quick for you and AJ is just gorgeous :D

Hi Angie!
Very many congratulations! He's gorgeous! :)
Hope you recover quickly, :hugs:

Hi Angie!
Very many congratulations! He's gorgeous! :)
Hope you recover quickly, :hugs:

thanks hun - couldnt fault watford one bit - they were fantastic from beginning to end

xxx

Well done, you did really well. Pleased you had a good experience x

AAAhhhh HUGE congratulations...what a beautiful little boy xxx

Lovely story, and beautiful little baby! Huge congratulations and well done! :happydance: x

That sounds like a great story. Congratulations! Your little one is so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->