Birth Story of Lacey Nicole Green!!

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Hope everyone is doing okay!! Well it has already been 2 weeks since my little girl was born and so it is about time I got my birth story on here for you ladies. Nothing very exciting as was planned c section :haha: I am very proud and happy of getting to this point as suffering tokophobia since my teens I never thought I would have a child of my own but I DID IT!! :)

On the morning of Wednesday 19th October 2011 we got up and ready to go to hospital. MIL picked us up and we arrived at the hospital at about 7.40am and sat in the waiting area. A porter came to fetch us along with about 2 other couples and take us up to the ward. We got showed where the toilets etc are and then got shown to our bed on the antenatal end of the ward as the end with the mums and babys was full!

My bp, temp etc got checked and even though I felt strangely quite calm my bp was high so it got checked again when I had chilled out a bit. While this was being done hubby was sitting in the chair next to my bed and had a ladybird land on his hand!!! So strange being sat in a hospital but we took that it must be a good luck thing and now hubby sometimes calls our LO Lacey Bird :haha: :cloud9: I got told that I was first on the list :happydance: which was nerve racking but so relieved we didnt have to sit around too long waiting. I got into my gown and lovely stockings and sat waiting for the anaethetist (sp) to come and have a chat to us. He came along and explained what was going to be done etc and asked if I had any questions. I did but forgot them so waited for the MW to come and remind me what I wanted to ask!! One was if hubby could be there when I had my epi put in as I was told he could but the anaethetist said he would need to wait outside while it was done, I was gutted but wasnt in a mood to make a big deal of it. I also checked I could keep my contact lenses in that I wear to sleep in etc and he didnt have a problem with that which I was so relieved of as I am blind without them!!! Lol. I am not sure what time it was but we got walked up to the delivery ward and were sat in a room waiting to go down to theatre. We had more theatre staff etc come in to speak to us and see if we had any questions and how confident they were about everything really helped put me at ease.

The time then came to go to theatre. I went into the side room where I was met by some staff who put my cannula in and checked my details etc. The one lady in there I recognised from a few years back when I had to go into hospital as a day case and have a LLETZ done and she recognised me. This helped even more put me at ease. I then went and sat on the operating table while the epidural was put in, I am guessing it was a registrar as I could hear someone instructing them how to do it. It was literally something I was dreading but all I felt was a scratch and that was it!! Then my legs started to feel warm and heavy and I lay down and they prepped me for surgery. Next thing I know hubby is being brought in and sits down next to me, he looked terrified but I felt v.relaxed!! :haha: Then they tell him to look (I never thought he would have done this) as his daughter was being born, he saw her come out and said she didnt seem to be breathing and looked floppy but then she let out a big cry. I explained this was probably her lungs preparing for the outside world!! He kept saying to me she is gorgeous and he cried bless him! I watched the MW carry our little girl over to the side and clean her up etc, she looked like a big baby and I couldnt believe she had been living in my tummy!! It was so amazing!!! Then she got wrapped up and given to hubby (I was going to have skin to skin but had so many wires etc so waited until recovery for this). Hubby looked so so happy!!!

Our little girl Lacey Nicole Green was born at 9.39am on Wednesday 19th October 2011 weighing 8lb 1oz (I was convinced she would be a small baby as I only put on 1st 2lbs throughout the pregnancy. Lol)

Hubby was then taken into the recovery room while they finished stitching me up which took them no time at all and seemed like I was in there for about 10 minutes!! Then I got lifted onto a bed and wheeled through into recovery where hubby and Lacery were waiting for me. He looked absolutely smitten sat there holding her. I just felt so amazed that I had done it and I had made hubby an even happier man. We stayed in recovery for a while as they had trouble locating the porters to come and fetch me. Lol. I didnt mind though as we got to relax as a family and they kept monitoring my bp etc to make sure everything was fine.

We got taken to recovery and I havent looked back!! I was dreading the pain when the epidural wore off but I can honestly say I have not had what I would call pain or anything unbearable. It has been less than period and IBS pain I have experienced. I was up out of bed after 6 hours and sat in the chair. 24 hours later the catheter came out and I was walking to the toilet etc. I did have an issue of pulling on one side when I tried to sit or stand up from toilet which did feel uncomfortable and made me a feel a little sick but I just took my time. I was convinced they had stitched me up wrong :haha: but turns out it is all part of healing and someone I have spoken to since said they had it with the 2 sections they had also and it can happen on the side the surgeon was standing when they stitched you up! Just thought I would mention this so you can expect it just incase.

I was in hospital for 2 nights and looked after my baby both nights (apart from one nappy change) there were women in there who didnt feed or change their baby thought and one woman I counted didnt get out of bed for 22 hours. Every time they tried to get her up or to feed her baby she would say she was in too much pain and she would start heavy breathing and she also kept buzzing for pain relief even though she wasnt due any and you could tell the staff were getting narked with her!!! The day after surgery I was left for pain relief for 11 hours as my meds sheet had been sent to the pharmacy for my medication when I got discharged and a porter forgot to collect them back. I managed though and since they day I came home I havent been taking regular medication. They give me co-codamol, diclofenac and also injections which hubby had to out into tummy once a day to prevent blood clots.

So I came out the other side and would do it all again!!!!! It really is mind over matter with the pain I think.

I want to thank all the ladies who have given me advice etc over the months and I will still stop by to give advice where I can and look forward to seeing you all on the other side :)

xxx

Pic 1 is approx 30 mins after she was born
Pic 2 she was a few hours old
Pic 3 4 days old
Pic 4 8 days old
Pic 5 11 days old

Attachments

• Lacey just born.jpg
    Lacey just born.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Day 1- few hours old.jpg
    Day 1- few hours old.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 4 days old.jpg
    4 days old.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 8 days old.jpg
    8 days old.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 11 days old.jpg
    11 days old.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 67
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your baby is so beautiful!!! (And I very rarely think a baby isn't ugly! lol)

Congratulations! Great story and gorgeous baby!

Thanks ladies. She is beautiful :haha:

Few more pics for you.

xx

Attachments

• Lacey approx 1 hour old.jpg
    Lacey approx 1 hour old.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Lacey cute2.jpg
    Lacey cute2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Lacey cute!!!.jpg
    Lacey cute!!!.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14
Congrats and she is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us!

:hugs: well done sweetie!!

She's beautiful congrats to you and OH on arrival of Lacey xxx

Awww congratulations and well done. She is so cute :) xx

Congratulations! I cried at your story it was so lovely! :) You have a gorgeous baby girl x

Awww she is so so beautiful!
Congratulations on a great birth experience and little girl.
I want my baby!!
xx

Lovey story :) what a beautiful daughter you have :)

Congrats my dear....she is gorgeous! :flower:

Aww what a lovely story :) Your little girl is stunning and I love her name!

What a beautifull story :)
I hope im as lucky as you :)
She is beautiful :)
I have the same babygrow the i love my mummy one x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee