Birth Story Of My Beautiful Lily :)

xSophieBx

Mummy to a Beautiful Girl
Reaction score
Just wanted to write a birth story of my beautiful baby girl.

My due date was tuesday 6th july, had a sweep and was told I was very favourable, already 2cm dialated etc, nothing happened thou but I thought my waters were leaking and i'd hardly felt baby move, so on the thursday I went to the hospital and they checked and didnt think it was my waters but as I was overdue and still very favourable they booked me in for an induction the next day as there was no point in waiting if baby had slowed down.

Went to the hospital about 11am on the friday and had to wait around for abit and a midwife came and told me 2 go have lunch before they montior baby so went off and had something to eat then went back and they hooked me up to the monitoring machine for an hour and she said I was having lil contractions but I wasnt feeling them.. Then she said I was either going to have the gel or a pessary inserted depending on what they thinks best after examineing me.. But she examined me and said I was already 3cm and my waters were bulging so there was no point in the gel or pessary and she was gonna send me straight up to the labour ward to get my waters broken. She told me it was probs gonna be a long wait but within half an hour they had a bed for me and I was on my way up there!
Got there and had the baby monitored some more.. and the student midwife told me I was having regular contractions and I couldnt even feel them.. they then checked me and said I was 4cm.. So basically I got to 4cm without feeling anything and thought it was gonna be a breeze lol, they broke my waters about 3pm(or later..cant remember now) and I had tonnes and tonnes and my tummy went down... but the baby had pooed herself(they call it michonium) and so the midwife went and checked with the doctor and they said to put me on the drip to speed things up as they like baby out asap when theres michonium present cos of the complications it causes and can mean babies in distress.
Well as soon as they put me on the drip did I know about it... The contractions were coming thick and fast and felt like they was going all round my tummy and back, I tried with the tens machine... and then the gas and air and they done nothing so I asked for the epidural(I really wanted to do it without but the midwife said most women need the epidural when their on the drip cos its like going from 0-60 in seconds) the peadritician came and adminstered my epidural pretty quick.. even thou as soon as I was getting over 1 contraction another came! Once it kicked in, it was like heaven... The rest of the day/night was a breeze.. I sat there reading magazines, doing kriss kross and laughing with fob and my mum.
I then got checked at half 10pm and she said I was 10cm dialated but as I'd had the epidural I had to wait an hour before I was allowed to push..
So half 11 came and I began pushing.. very weird when u can't really feel anything.. & I really dont understand how women can scream.. I was too busy concentrating on the pushing! I was pushing for well over an hour and the midwife checked and said baby was facing sideways and wasnt really coming down so she went and got a doctor.. she checked me and agreed with the midwife and said I was going to have to go to theatre and have that vaccum thing where they turn the babies head... I cant totally remember what happened from there but the next thing I know the room was full of doctors that had just rushed back from a c section and they was saying I was going to have to go for a c section cos babies heartbeat kept dropping.. the midwife came in with a gown saying they needed to get me ready. I started crying and saying I didnt want a c section and saying I wanted to push and there was this HUGE big man doctor(shoulda seen the muscles) and he said I was going to have to go with wotever was safest for the baby but he'd give me one last chance at pushing if he got forceps(I think he could really tell I didnt want the c section) they checked the baby on a scanner.. cant remember if that was before of after he told me that. Well everytime I felt the sensation to push I tried.. they got the forceps ready(after dropping 1 pair on the floor and the 2nd pair being dodgey) I had my legs up in stirrups(had done for awhile) and I just pushed with everything I had and u shoulda seen the strength the doctor was using, the veins were popping out his arms!! I had to have an episiotomy to... I managed to help push her halfway out and it turned out she had the cord wrapped round her neck TWICE tightly(so we're very lucky) he unwrapped her cord and then carried on pulling her out. she got placed on me and made a tiny little wimper, and I just looked at her and had the most amazing feeling ever. She got whisked off to be cleared out and cleaned up whilst the doctor was sorting me out.. I lost alot of blood and I delivered the placenta then got stitched up(I kept asking how many stitches it was but he wouldnt answer me.. I did have a bad cut).

Lily was born at 12:59AM on saturday 10th July weighing 8lb 2oz. I finally got to hold her an hour after she was born, once i'd been sorted out... Ended up having rubbish aftercare they just left me once i'd been stiched up and my mum had to keep going and complaining. They did have to come back and clean lily out again because she couldnt breath properly and kept coughing up mucus.

I finally got put on a ward at god knows what time.. and carried on having bad aftercare there too. I couldnt hardly walk cos of the stiches that day but I was a happy mummy cos I had a beautiful baby girl. I kept noticing she was breathing really fast and jolting her whole body when she was doing it so I kept asking the midwife all day who just kept saying she was fine.. well finally a decent midwife came on in the afternoon and I said my concerns to her and she went and got the peadritican(sp) who said something weird was going on and she wanted her to go to special care for 6 hours to be monitored.. So she got wheeled up there.. and I had to be taken backwards and forwards in a wheelchair cos I was so sore and weak. They hooked her up to all these machines and said she'd be staying there til the morning but I didnt end up getting her back til midnight on the monday as they was worried about her and she was on antibiotics for 5 days cos her infection marker was high so we had stay in and then we finally managed to leave on the thursday night...

It was an emotional, traumatic experience as my labour up until the delivery bit went really smoothly and we didnt expect it to end up the way it did. But Ive now got a happy healthy beautiful baby girl so was all worth it :) x:cloud9:

Really good to read :) I think I'll be the same if they mention having a c-section to me.. just glad you have your little girl home safe & sound now :) xx

well done you...it sounds like it was v traumatic, but worth it in the end:flower:

Congrats hun my daughter is also called Lily haha :)

congrats and i'm glad u and muscle man got baby here safely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->