Birth Story of our little Angel Chloe, and my epidural complications & tips, & PICS

julietz

Reaction score
Hi all, I gave birth to my little Angel Chloe on 5th November at 1:39pm after a 12 hr labour, she was a wonderful weight of 8lb 10, and very healthy.

Had my sweep Monday which i think defo started me of, main contractions started on 4th Nov at 7pm and were every 5mins so went in and was sent home :( and told to go back when they were 3 mins apart, i was given paracetamol and codiene to take, and we thought it was best we try to get some sleep cos we were in for a rough nite, but i couldnt get any cos my contractions were coming every 4 mins by then, and i was crying in agony and was relieved when my hubby said they were 3 mins apart at 2:30am, so we went bk to hospital, we were turned away form delivery suite cos they had no rooms left :( and was sent to the pethadine ward, i felt so in the way and was left to sufer in pain on the bed while i waited for a room to come free for the epidural, and finaly they got a call and wized me round straight away.

My epidural went wrong, after 3 attempts and it hurt the right of my spine, i was left numb from the neck down and had a spinal block, so they had to stop it, which then cut of the right hand side of my body to feeling and only the left side was numb, i have never been in so much pain for so long, and seen so many doctors and anethatists, ofc the one that did my epidural went missing for the night leaving 4 others puzzled as to what went wrong and how to fix it, my hubby heard them say it was a bad epidural she had done, which worried him, i was left traumatised in agony, and my right hip felt like it had split open it was all a blur i was shaking cold, and blood pressure dropped, heart beat raced, had an allergy and all my bits blew up huge, baby got stuck in my pelvis after ages of pushing, her heart beat dropped, instruments came flying in and i thought i was gona die, honestly had enough and didnt care if they wripped me open just wanted my baby to be born and ok, then a wonderful doctor helped my baby move and i was finaly able to push her out, was such a relief, they say its like 1 in maybe 10,000 people that have problems with epidural and honestly never thought it would happen to me, main thing is she is here and well, id do it again if i had to she is just perfect.

Mw is not happy and going to look into it, i had to go bk to hospital today, they say i have a nerve problem which explains my weak side, im in agony of a morning and cant move, i get upset cos i cant hold my baby cos im in so much pain, so been given some strong pain killers and they gona see me again in 6wks and want to keep an eye on it, emotionaly iv been re living what is suppose to be the best moment of my life, and weeping in my sleep, im in traumatic shock had no sleep for 3 days, and honestly need to give my body some good rest, i dont know whats gona happen but MW is going to deal with it and help me get through it, main thing is my little angel is here after a 12 hr labour and is healthy and we love her so much, our sweet little girl :hugs:

SeeTips below

oh my it sounds like you had a right time of it

congratulations on your little princess x

Oh Julietz, sounds like you had an awful time massive :hugs: congrats on Chloe

congrats on chloe being born
sorry about the tramatic birth

congratulations on your perfect daughter, and as for the experience you had, make sure you pursue what actually went wrong. I have a friend who had a traumatic experience and the after effects of that psychologically have been awful for her for a long time. You definately need closure on that one hun! Sounds like you have a great midwife though who is pointing you in that direction!
xx

:hugs: Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter, but Im so sorry you had a bad experience. Make sure you have a proper debrief in a couple of weeks time with your midwife to go over your notes and talk about what happened, and see if they should have done things differently :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl and so sorry to hear you had such a tough time of it. xxx

Thanks all, Mw coming to see me tomorow and see how i got on at the hospital today, im just glad to be home with baby, it didnt help being put on a ward afterwards with lots of crying babys and other mums with lots of visitors etc, cos i couldnt get any sleep afterwards with the noise, dont know how they expect you to rest, and i couldnt even handle any visitors of my own, my body was exhausted couldnt even hold a conversation, felt like i was in slow motion. Its even put me of having any more cos im scared of giving birth, such a shame it happened that way im just trying to get over it now and enjoy the time with my family and new baby, moving house is next then xmas so have lots to occupy me.

TipsI mentioned tips in my thread and forgot to mention, if any of you have an epidural make sure you ask a nurse to turn you every now and then, do not stay on one side for to long, its very important and one of the reason i suffered.

Gas and air makes you really thirsty so be sure to have plenty of water.

When the epidural is being administered, and you are asked ot sit upright on the edge of the bed, put your feet together on a stool or chair for support, and have hubby stand in fornt of you, if you start to have contractions as it is being administered like me, he comes in very good handly to rest your head on and clentch until the contraction passes, it helps your posture to stay still.

Hi here is babys pic i been trying to upload and only just been able to, here is my little angel chloe

Attachments

• Image0417.jpg
    Image0417.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Image0399.jpg
    Image0399.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 20
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!

Hopefully, you will be able to find out what happened and I hope that you have a quick recovery.

congrats on your beautiful baby girl, so sorry you had such a terrible time of it though, really hope you recover well, glad you and your baby girl made it through it safe and well xXx

shes really cute! well done you!

sorry you had such a time with your epi!

i remember distinctly they had a special stool which i was to put my feet on, and someone HAD to stand in front of me, incase i feel off the bed ( i was high on gas and air!)

was the reason it went badley because of the stool?

enjoy your baby, congratulations :kiss:

Congratulations on your new arrival!
I too had a very traumatic experience with an epidural, to cut a long story short it was also administered wrongly with far too much anaesthetic.
I had to have an MRI scan the day after my son was born as they thought I had permanant nerve damage, I couldnt walk or feel anything over 24 hours later.
I also had a spinal headache which had to be fixed with what they call an epidural blood patch, taking blood from my arm and injecting into my back to stop my spinal fluid leaking out.
I was severely traumatised after my experience and got very depressed and anxious for months afterwards.
I feel alot better now but still get occasional numbness and muscle spasms in my legs relating to it.
Im terrified about the same thing happening so Im definately not having anymore spinal anaesthesia with my next birth
if you want to chat feel free to pm me
xx

I opened this thinking your baby had become an angel :cry: but sooo relieved to read she is healthy and well :hugs: x congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->