Birth Story

caity88

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hello ladies! Just thought I'd share my birth story with you.

I was scheduled to have a c-section on June 28th but my doctor thought I was going to go into labor the week before. We chose the 28th because it's my grandmother and sister's birthday and they asked if we could have the baby share their special day too. My sister said she wanted Elizabeth to share her birthday because eventually my grandmother wouldn't be around to share her birthday with her and she didn't want to spend it alone.

I ended up making it all the way to the scheduled day and we arrived at the hospital at 6 am. I had been told no eating or drinking after midnight and my mouth was dry so I was chewing gum. We got through all the pre-op stuff they had to do such as placing the IV and getting all the stuff lined out when the anethesiologist came in to talk to me. He saw that I was chewing gum and postponed the c-section until noon. I didn't realize it was considered eating/drinking.

After waiting another 5 hours they walked me to the operating room at 11:57 am. They put in my spinal block and prepped me for surgery. My beautiful daughter was born at 12:28 pm. Elizabeth Paige weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz and was 20 inches long. After correcting my scar from my first c-section and doing the tubal ligation they closed me up (with an added perk of a free tummy tuck!) and moved me into the recovery room. My grandmother who shares a birthday with the new addition was the first to see the new baby (other than Daddy) and was thrilled.

Three hours later, I was moved into my personal room and the rest of the family came to visit. My MIL brought my son in to meet his new baby sister and he jumped up and down, screaming "Baby Izzy's here!" over and over for at least 3 minutes before he even looked at her! He's such a good big brother.

Elizabeth and I stayed in the hospital until July 1, and then we went home. She's now two weeks old and already trying to hold her head up on her own. We're definately blessed to have two amazing children!

Attachments

• izzy.jpg
    izzy.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 110
Congratulations hun, she is just perfect! xx

Aw, that's lovely they share birthdays! :) congratulations, your children are beautiful. :) xx

Aw, that's lovely they share birthdays! :) congratulations, your children are beautiful. :) xx

Thanks! I may be biased but I think they are beautiful too! Funny, my son looks just like my fiance and my little girl looks exactly like me!

Lol, that's cute! :) a mini me each! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->