Birth to potty for a 4 month 13lb/6kg baby? And more advice please!!!

redpoppy

Reaction score
1. My baby's 13lbs13oz or 6.27 kg (precisley! :blush:) and I was wondering if you guys would or would NOT recommend birth to potty nappies for her? :shrug:

2. Also I was thinking of trying the following (one of each from SOMEWHERE!!!???) do you guys think that's a good start, would you HIGHLY recommend the nappy's you use?

Bumgenius Flip

Bambinex teddy

Tots bots... erm don't know which ones

and maybe a motherease?

3. Do all of the above need wraps?

4. Can you use any wrap on any nappy?

5. For inserts, I wanted to use a disposable layer on top to start with, but should I buy some extra fleece liners and maybe a few bamboos?

6. What else!? Aaargh! Elp! Yikes?!

I don't want to wait any more!!!! I want to say I started using reusables when she was four months. :haha::blush:

1. My baby's 13lbs13oz or 6.27 kg (precisley! :blush:) and I was wondering if you guys would or would NOT recommend birth to potty nappies for her? :shrug: btp's will probaby fit fine

2. Also I was thinking of trying the following (one of each from SOMEWHERE!!!???) do you guys think that's a good start, would you HIGHLY recommend the nappy's you use? give the ones that take your fancy a go, try preloved as well saves tonnes of prewashing!

Bumgenius Flip - comes with a wrap

Bambinex teddy needs wrap

Tots bots... erm don't know which ones depends on which you get some need wraps some don't

and maybe a motherease? def need wrap

3. Do all of the above need wraps? in red

4. Can you use any wrap on any nappy? you can but the fit won't be guarenteed, i've used flip wraps on allsorts!

5. For inserts, I wanted to use a disposable layer on top to start with, but should I buy some extra fleece liners and maybe a few bamboos? do you mean inserts or liners? bamboo are inserts or boosters. fleece are liners and have no absorbent properties.

6. What else!? Aaargh! Elp! Yikes?! bucket etc

I don't want to wait any more!!!! I want to say I started using reusables when she was four months. :haha::blush:

answers in red honey

Thanks! You're awesome! :cloud9:

So what's a liner? :blush:

sorry shouldn't laugh, i was here once!

have you seen a nappy in the flesh yet? if you haven't the nappy lady have a few instructional videos on youtube which might help you visualise it better. :thumbup:

sorry shouldn't laugh, i was here once!

have you seen a nappy in the flesh yet? if you haven't the nappy lady have a few instructional videos on youtube which might help you visualise it better. :thumbup:

I went to see some yeterday at our borough's nappy week thing. :mrgreen:

I arrived with 10 mins to spare so missed the main bit but they were nice. :thumbup:

upping the volume of urine the nappy can absorb.

some nappies like the motherease/bambinex teddy - are the absorbent material so the whole nappy will get wet.
others like pocket nappies have a slot to allow you to put a insert inside it to give it some absorbency.

1. My baby's 13lbs13oz or 6.27 kg (precisley! :blush:) and I was wondering if you guys would or would NOT recommend birth to potty nappies for her? :shrug: btp's will probaby fit fine

2. Also I was thinking of trying the following (one of each from SOMEWHERE!!!???) do you guys think that's a good start, would you HIGHLY recommend the nappy's you use? give the ones that take your fancy a go, try preloved as well saves tonnes of prewashing!

Bumgenius Flip - comes with a wrap

Bambinex teddy needs wrap

Tots bots... erm don't know which ones depends on which you get some need wraps some don't

and maybe a motherease? def need wrap

3. Do all of the above need wraps? in red

4. Can you use any wrap on any nappy? you can but the fit won't be guarenteed, i've used flip wraps on allsorts!

5. For inserts, I wanted to use a disposable layer on top to start with, but should I buy some extra fleece liners and maybe a few bamboos? do you mean inserts or liners? bamboo are inserts or boosters. fleece are liners and have no absorbent properties.

6. What else!? Aaargh! Elp! Yikes?! bucket etc

answers in red honey

WSS^^ Just make sure with the flips you buy the right set with the wrap and insert (the one that costs more) because you can buy the wrap seperalty which if you are not looking properly can be a litle confusing :blush:

Have you considered the bumgenuis V3 birth to potty- its a easy one to start with and a good all rounder

I have a bambinex thing, its so huge I havent even bothered with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->