Birth . . .

C

carla15x

Do you have to remove jewellry during birth??
or check ups?

I know you do for operations and abortions but what about c sections or even natural births?

xx

Normal birth - any clothes, jewellery etc can be worn - obviously as long as the little one can get out

C-section - jewellery off, false teeth out, any prosthetic limbs off.....theres a long list xxx

Really just depends. I know at least for me they wanted all of my jewelry including my body jewelry off just in case an emergency section was needed. The only thing I was allowed to keep is my partial but I would have had to take it out if a section would have taken place. And they let keep my nose ring cause I couldn't get it out :blush:

think it's for any surgical procedure i.e c-section/ abortion etc. Birth maybe if they think you are high risk for c-sectionxxx

I had my privates peirced and that was the only peice of jewerly that I removed. Apparently you dont have to, but thank God I did because I tore upwards exactly where the ring was. Ouch!

For a regular birth I don't know that there are any restrictions as long as it doesn't get in the way. The only jewelry I ever really wear are my wedding rings and they stopped fitting long before I gave birth :lol:

C section you have to take everything off, natural birth you can leave it all in unless you have a piercing 'down there'!!

I had my privates peirced and that was the only peice of jewerly that I removed. Apparently you dont have to, but thank God I did because I tore upwards exactly where the ring was. Ouch!

You tore upwards. . . ouch

xx

Here they recommend that you don't wear anything valuable in the hospital, for a c-section you have to remove jewelry.

Ive got a piercing ''down there'' and i left it in for my births with no problems but i would imagine most midwives would suggest that you remove that but thats all for natural births.
I assume for a c-section it is the same procedure with jewellery as with any operation; that it all has to be removed

I figured that the less I had to keep track of in the hospital, the better.
I only ever wear my weding rings and sometimes a necklace, so I just left that stuff at home.
When the time comes, you can call or email the labour and delivery ward and ask. Often they have stuff like that on an info sheet.

I've never even thought about something like that. In hospitals they usually have you wearing gowns anyway, so that wont get in the way! I wouldn't want to wear jewelry to give bith. When I make my way to the hospital, you can believe i'll be wearing some of my least favorite clothes! lol

I had quite a few piercings (including the infamous 'down there :rofl: ). Left them in for labour, but all had to be removed when they decided to do an emergency c section... took a while!

I had to take everything out for my c-section. I was allowed to wear my glasses during, but not contacts. It was kinda a big moment for me, I took out my tongue ring, the last body piercing I had left, for good.

I had to take everything out for my c-section. I was allowed to wear my glasses during, but not contacts. It was kinda a big moment for me, I took out my tongue ring, the last body piercing I had left, for good.

It's mainly my tounge bar that made me ask! = ]

xx

I had a vaginal birth but they asked me to remove everything just in case a c-section was needed. I am fairly tiny and they were guessing Emma was going to be fairly large - and she was, but I did it all by myself :)

Why is it that youu have to undo those piercings? I havent 't got any at all , but I am curious.

I think it's b ecause of magnatism or somethhing?
But really I have no idea. . . maybe to do with infections?

No I'm just guessing. . .

i have my tongue done and never took it out and to be honest to bad if they wanted out i cannot undo the thing to save life so i still got the really long bar in :dohh:

Edit:

I had a natural birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"