Birth . . .

At the hospital I went to my nurse actually got into trouble for not making me take my tongue ring out, "just in case" I had to have a c-section. I wasn't even at risk for one or anything. I'm not exactly sure why they make you take them out though. I could understand why you would need to take a belly ring out for a c-section, but I don't see how any other piercing would make much of a difference.

I've got my tongue pierced and the web underneath and i will just put plastic ones in if they say anything as i dont want to lose them.

I was told to take my more private ones out (clit hood) by the mv. I also removed my nipple one through choice for bf

Ive got a piercing ''down there'' and i left it in for my births with no problems but i would imagine most midwives would suggest that you remove that but thats all for natural births.
I assume for a c-section it is the same procedure with jewellery as with any operation; that it all has to be removed

:shock: I didnt know you had that! haha cheeky!

Hi there...

I gave birth naturally and had no jewellery on, mainly as I only wear a chain, earrings and wedding/engagement rings...I took my necklace and earring off as I didnt want to loose them in hospital and my rings stopped fitting during pregnancy anyway. But am sure if you have body piercings the midwife may advise to remove them...

As for C-sections I work in operating theatres and have done for sections too. Any piercing or jewellery HAS to be removed or taped if you cant get it out or off...but they will make you attempt to remove them first especially tongue studs (due to if you need to be put to sleep quickly they dont want them to get in the way or potentially go down into your lungs if they came out or you choke on them) etc....if not just a piece of surgical tape can be put over them so they dont snag and hurt you and also due to the use of electrical equipment they dont want to burn you at a piercing site.

I recomend taking out piercings if you can though...

Emma.,xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->