Birthday Dilema...No RSVP's

Amarna

Mother
Reaction score
My daughter's birthday party is Sunday at Chuck E. Cheese because we don't have enough space at our place for many people and we thought it would be a nice change of pace from what we normally do. I sent out invites to four of her friends from school and one friend outside of school. We have no family in the area really except for the in-laws so it was just going to be a smallish party as I can't afford to go for broke at the place. Problem is we've only heard back from two of the parents so far. One cannot go and the friend that doesn't go to her school who cannot go either most likely unless we move it to Saturday. At this point I'm tempted so I know for sure there is at least one friend there. None of the other parents have gotten back to me and the deadline for a headcount is today. :shrug: I had put an RSVP deadline of today on the invites and all my contact info including phone and email. I'm a bit upset that the other people haven't even bothered to pick up a phone or shoot me a quick email. I don't want to go ahead with the thing on Sunday and have no one but grandparents show up. That would just upset DD and stick me with a bill for people who couldn't be bothered to call or show up. I don't have contact info for these parents, the school doesn't hand out contact sheets and the invites just go right into the cubbies and then put into backpacks to go home via the teachers.

I just don't know what to do here. It's very frustrating. I haven't even been able to order a cake 'cuz I don't know how many people will be there. If I don't hear anything back today do you think I should just assume that they aren't coming and move the party to Saturday so at least one friend can come? Or should I risk having the Sunday party on the off chance that someone shows up without RSVPing. I don't want them to show up and not have us there obviously but it's really inconsiderate to not even bother to get back to me when it was specifically asked for.

Have you checked with the teacher that they were actually given out? Also i know when I was teaching that a lot of the kids put cards/letters in their drawers in the classroom or their parents didn't bother to check their bookbags so letters would be in there for weeks. Is there any way you could ask the parents in person at the school gates or something incase they haven't seen the invite? I wouldn't take it personally.

I know they were given out because the one person got back to me days ago and I saw the teacher put them in the cubbies. The kids don't pack up their bags alone, the teachers pack them as the parents come in to pick them up, so it's not like the kids left them at school or something.

I saw one of the moms at school today while dropping my daughter off so I have one affirmative now, she got the invite as well so they were given out. Just waiting on the others. I know it's not a personal thing...I just find it to be more of a lack of courtesy/manners and it's a bit irritating to say the least. If I see the others moms at pick up today I'll ask them then.

Ok I didn't realise you knew for sure they were given out. In that case it is quite rude that they didn't bother to tell you whether they were coming or not. Hopefully you will manage to catch a few others at pick up time. Your daughter will have a great birthday I am sure however many people come to her party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->