Birthday Present 3 year old boy

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My wheelhouse is more kinder to 6th grade. I don't know what to do with a toddler. I buy my son just about everything that looks remotely interesting, and he doesn't play with 99% of what I bring home. He's super active. When he does sit and play, he doesn't do "appropriate play" with the toys. Not my words. He has ASD and SPD and a speech delay, so that's how his ABA therapist described it.

Anyway, just curious what did everyone else give their 3 year olds this year? It'd be so much easier if he could talk. I may just get him shoes. Cuz the kid needs new shoes. But I feel like you should get something totally not practically. A splurge just for fun gift on your birthday.

How about a goal and a football for the garden?
Car track set
Remote control toy
Building blocks

Oh gosh I’m crap at boy toys given DS is only 1 we have yet to fully venture into boys toys ! I usually be boring and give money

Lol I love money but he’ll just rip it up and laugh :rofl:

I was thinking if looking into raised planters. We have a 10x10 patio. I don’t want something that sit on the ground as it floods when it rains/when we empty his pool.

I have a goal indoors and one at my mom’s he loves it.

do they do remote control at this age? I literally have no clue lmfao gotta look into that. That could be fun

Hahah you can get age appropriate toys . DS got a remote control baby musical dog for his first birthday last week !

Hope you find something he will like!

Well, after countless hours on Amazon, BBB, and Michaels. I wanted to get him a Nugget, but they're so back ordered. I briefly considered buying some gym equipment. He used to do a parent/child gym class, and he LOVED it. But between COVID and his developmental delays, he hasn't been able to attend class. So I considered getting him a tumbling mat, bars, and a beam since I had a few Amazon gift cards. Also thought about some jumping toys: hopper ball, first pogo stick, trampoline. But then I had to buy a super expensive book for his speech class, so I had to lower the budget significantly out and got him two M+D 4 piece puzzle sets and one set of 9 piece puzzles. Also ordered a for me/for him gift since my birthday is just a few dats before him. Some raised planters for us to garden. I know my mom also got a bunch of Amazon cards for end of the year, so maybe she'll regift some to him. But we're not talking right now because she flipped out over nothing and I wasn't in the mood to pretend it was my fault/ be the bigger person.

Last edited:
Oh wow that was quite the online shopping experience then haha !

Urgh families aye always drama ! Hopefully you will sort things out . But glad you managed to sort out a gift !

I have a problem where I need to know I got the best bang for my buck. I’m off work rn so take that and add just enough free time :rofl:

yeah idk it looks like we will miss our first Fourth of July. Family drama had us miss Mother’s Day. My birthday is in two weeks and his in three, but I’m not apologizing for her abusive blow up just for an invitation to our birthdays so we’ll see

thank you :)

When it comes to such gifts, I Google "a gift for a boy 3 years old" and it seems banal, but in fact, my friends never say what they need. Therefore, I try to buy something new, accessible, and useful; usually I look at such collections Best Toys for 3 Year Old Boys (Dec. 2020). I have no time to break the Internet for hours in search of a gift, and we also have quarantined stores.

Yeah to be honest I always google presents for age _ or boy age _ and read dozens of lists and get nowhere. Everything nowadays feels so inorganic or battery driven.

What has been working is studying his photos from school/seeing what toys his SLP uses. I forgot what I ended up getting him for his birthday :rofl: seems ages ago in this weird time warp we are in. But for Christmas he’s getting some magnatiles, action figures, stacking pegs, a bead puzzle, a Pete the cat book, and a Daniel tiger trolley. Also getting him some superhero capes and a toddler rc car. Yay Black Friday deals haha.

I got everything on Amazon but our stores are open. Just have to mask up. They’ve done a great job in my city of turning parking lots into outdoor dining and setting up precautions in stores. But I believe Newsom just came down on us again. Everywhere I go should stay open though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->