Birthday RSVP

Scout

Reaction score
I sent invitations to daughter's school last week for her birthday party this coming weekend. On the invitation, it has RSVP and I put my name and number.

Do you all RSVP? Do you wait until much closer to event to respond?

I know when sending invitations to a class at PreK age (daughter will be 5), that most will not attend. The last 2 parties we attended, we were the only ones who came out of a class of 22. Her party is scheduled for a park, and I did this with hopes more children would attend since the park is down the road from her school. I've not had any RSVPs as yet. I've decided that if I don't have any RSVPs by Thursday, I'll send a mass text that her party is being moved to our house and if anyone would like to come to please text for address. I'd say that we'd love to have them. Not exactly sure how I'll word it, but I really don't want to tote a bunch a stuff to the park if no one is coming.

So I guess I'm asking if you think that's okay? To change location if no one has RSVP'd by then. My sister says she never RSVPs and that most people don't so I shouldn't change it. I always RSVP, and I know the parties we attended where we were the only ones, the host said we were the only ones to RSVP, so my theory is that only people who plan to attend RSVP.

Sorry this is long.

What was the RSVP by date?

This drives me mad. I always text with yes, no or I'm sorry I will have to get back to you, just simply acknowledging the invitation one way or other. I've had last minute confirmations and even had kids turn up who's parents haven't confirmed. I've also had invitations not reach the parents when given out in school also.

Do you have everyones number to send a mass text.

I always RSVP! I've just had my son put his out and had to write 'Please RSVP by xyz so your child's place can be confirmed' due to where it is and because I've had parties before where kids who's parents didn't RSVP showed up and others that didn't which left me with leftover party bags etc. It's very frustrating. Do you work with Facebook? I've been messaged 3 times by mums I've not really met before about parties so asking other parents for names might be a point or putting a message to the teacher, another parent has done it this way. I don't see an issue with that idea, though.

The school uses the remind app for school stuff, but I think parents can send out messages as well. I've messaged her teacher thru the app. IF I can't, I'm sure her teacher would. She sent out a mass message a couple months back about another student's birthday.

I don't have another way to contact parents. We don't get a list of names and emails or anything like that. I'm taking off work on Thursday, my daughter's actual birthday, and taking cupcakes to her school and it happens to be family fun day at her school, so I'm hoping a few other parents will be there and I can speak to them then. We'll see

I always rsvp whether we're coming or not- it's the polite thing to do! Sometimes when people don't rsvp it means they're coming and other times it doesn't! I think your text sounds fine

I always rsvp.

When its my son's birthday I always send a follow up.

We hope that you are enjoying the good weather. We are looking forward to seeing you at xxxx party 21st apr 10am .Just ask for xxxx party or xxxx, no need to pay. Xxxx & family x

I always rsvp immediately, and when its me hosting I always get rsvp’s immediately or very soon after, I honestly didn’t realise people didn’t do this. Rude!

If I were you I would send out the text you are suggesting.

I went to daughter's school this morning for their field day activities and several parents were there so I asked. Three had never seen the invitation. Another said she thinks she remembers seeing it and her son wants to come. Another said, oh yes her son was excited about it. PEOPLE!! Sheesh! I asked her teacher to send out a Remind text to all the parents since it seems some never saw the invitation, or forgot about it. I'm not changing it to my house since it seems there will be some there. I just hope those that told me they planned to come, do come.

Theres the odd time iv forgot to say we're not coming but I would ALWAYS say that I am coming would never just turn up.
IL either tell the parent at the nursery or txt quite quickly.

Theres the odd time iv forgot to say we're not coming but I would ALWAYS say that I am coming would never just turn up.
IL either tell the parent at the nursery or txt quite quickly.

It's so rude, right. I suppose people here think it's okay. Today, a friend at work told me that no one ever replies to her daughter's invitations either. How in the world do they expect the host to plan appropriately, though? I put together 8 goody bags tonight. I'll either run out or have left overs, but who knows at this point. I've decided to let it go and be done and if I don't have enough of something, then that's on those who think it's okay to not rsvp but show up anyway.

I did learn a lesson though, and will never do a party with invitations going out to the whole class again.

I always rsvp straight away and I've only ever had one not rsvp to dd's party invite and they never turned up to the party. I've never invited a whole class though, just dd's closer friends and I know most of the mums quite well.

Just to update...2 kids from her class showed up, one with a sibling so we had 3 kids. Daughter said it was the best birthday ever, so that's all I care about.

Oh, and the 2 who showed up weren't even any of the ones I tracked down at school who said they were coming!

A few lessons learned this year, and will definitely do different next year. Glad it's over! LOL

Aw glad that your daughter enjoyed it but some parents are ridiculously rude

So rude of the parents to not let you know. I'm glad your DD had a good time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->