• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birthing ball for breech?

burrr

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on using a birthing ball to turn a breech baby?

I'm 36 weeks and the baby is likely breech. I've read some places saying to use the ball to help turn it, but I also read it can just encourage the baby to engage into the breech position. So I don't know which to do for the best.

I really want to avoid ECV and c section, so would really like it to turn naturally before birth.

My previous baby was breech till 37 weeks and I was advised to get on all fours, she did turn but then went back to back!

I'd avoid the ball and instead spend lots of time on hands and knees. Check into inversion techniques on spinningbabies.com too. Think of your belly like a hammock, babies usually don't have the room or inertia to flip on their own so let gravity help you :thumbup:

Thanks both of you.

I've been doing hands and knees, and on my knees while lying my head on a pillow. I have no idea whether it's working because I was convinced it was head down before the midwife told me it was breech.

Just hoping that baby gets the message and gets the right way up sometime soon!

All you need to do one ball is bounce and do circle motions with your hips.

Seen some women put hot water bottle at one end of the bump and frozen bag of food at other to encourage but i cant remember which goes to which end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->