Birthing ball - What do you do on yours?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Let's make sure I'm actually doing this right.

I sit on it when i'm at my computer and gently bounce. I don't have back pain or anything I'm just trying to convince Flump to engage. I don't put it up against a wall and sometimes I just gently rotate my hips. I keep reading things about making sure you don't fall off, but I feel very secure on it and have never once nearly fallen off and I don't have any problems getting on or off it, so now i'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I just sit and bounce up n down hun. don't particularly enjoy it mind you, it seems to make my acid reflux worse but hey ho anything to get LO out!

I spend half an hour at least on mine watching tv, just bouncing, or moving hips round or side to side. I'm very conscious that sitting on the sofa isnt' good for baby really as it can encourage them to go back to back so I'm just doing it for posture and like you said, to encourage the baby to engage - it's impossible to slouch on the ball isn't it? Sounds like you're doing the right things to me.

During labor I sat on a ball for a while & the nurse said either bounce or rotate hips - front to back or side to side or even in more of a circle motion. She said any of those kind of movements would help LO move down & help open up your pelvis.

Thanks, so I am doing it right, it just having sod all effect. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse!

:hugs: Maybe your little one will decide all in a day that he's ready & will all happen quicker than you would think! Maybe its a test of willpower that will get you ready for when he wants to borrow the car & you want him to stay home & clean his room instead....keep it up (the ball)- he just may give up and engage already!

I have one, but I was wondering: when are you supposed to start using them to get baby in a good position?

I've started using mine over the last week or so... it's been really comfortable when wrapping Christmas presents! I just gently rock as I feel appropriate. At NCT they advised a few different 'rocks' that can be done in a standing position too.... Figure of 8, side to side, 'U' shaped, front to back, circles and also circles increasing/decreasing in size... you get the idea.
I need to pump mine up a bit more though as when I sit on it, my knees are still higher than my hips (and I have a 75cm ball). If you do find yourself in this position, it might not do much more than sitting slouched on a sofa.
Also, just leaning over the ball with tummy 'hanging' forward and down is very comfortable and gives baby lots of room to manoeuvre him or herself into the desired position!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->