Birthing pools to hire?

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hi!!

Need your advice. (Posted in Home & Natural birth and 3rd Tri)

I had an appt with Consultant yesterday and found out that I can use water pool at hospital and does have an equipment to monitor the baby in the water after was told no by different Consultant (male) because my female consultant does knowledge that I do have a plan for homebirth and waterbirth was my first option. Saw midwife today this morning and I am still keen on homebirth but would like to do waterbirth at home as well. Midwife explained if I chose to go up to hospital and midwives up there say no because due to that I had a csection and won't let me go in the pool. So midwife had siggested to research for hire a birth pool for homebirth!

So here I am - pissed off and confused by this because I got now 4 weeks left to have a baby!!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

My midwife will phone my hospital to talk to their manager to see what they got to say about this. Also will ring other hospital that it has midwife-led unit with pools there as a midwife who knows all about c section and their manager and will ask if it is possible to do that there.

My midwife is fully support me on homebirth and keen to let me have this sort of experience as this is my last baby - she is a fantastic midwife!!

So please help!!!!

Thanks!

Anyone?? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"