Bit delayed but Olivia Mae is here!!

mialou09

3 Beautiful Princesses xx
Reaction score
I was in labour xmas day but luckily she waited till boxing day before giving me too much agro.
I was meant to be having a section as we knew she needed bowel surgery as soon as she born and the hospital was over an hour away, so the idea of being in labour so far from the hospital and with snow was pretty scary!
Then the bloomin car wouldn't start, a first i might add! So had to wait for the AA but by 2pm boxing day we were on our way.
When i got to the hospital i had to wait ages for anyone to see me, think being 36 weeks they were a bit reluctant to believe me. But after 2 hours of being strapped to a CTG machine they finally believed me and after a check i was 3-4 cms. Before i knew it i was wipped down to surgery and my daughter was born at 8:31pm 6lb 3oz of loveliness!!
She had her surgery for bowel atresia the next morning which went well. Unfortunately she's taking her sweet time to get her bowel working again, and without pooping herself it's proving difficult to get her feeding. So she was 2 weeks old yesterday and still in the hospital. I'm desperate to get her home but have to keep telling myself she is in the best place.
The hospital is fantastic, even though communication between the surgeons, doctors and nurses could be improved. They do say i can just treat her like i would at home, but its pretty difficult with her tubes, drips and alarms going off everytime she gets fidgety! Even when i'm holding her and she cries the heart rate alarm will go off and a nurse will then appear and stand over me almost as if to be checking on what i'm doing with her! Cant get her home soon enough

Many congratulations hun, sounds like you will have some stories to tell her one day about your adventures getting to hospital!! I hope she is home with you soon, xxxxxxxx

congratuations hope shes home with you soon xx

congrats hun, hope she comes home soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"