Bit frustrated with hubby

leiaorgana1

Reaction score
My three year old is being really contrary and wilfull with me. I cannot get him to behave in one go, there's always something he's pushing his luck on.
According to my DH I should just assert my authority, just be stern. But it's just not that easy at 7 months pregnant.
The main issue is being out with him. He'll refuse his buggy and want to walk it himself. Which takes for-e-ver :wacko: So I ask DH: when you take him to school, could you not take the buggy (buggies are allowed to be parked at school) so I can just walk him home and not struggle with the buggy. 'Just be stern with him'
Going to the shop DH told me off for carrying DS instead of making him walk. But if he is sitting down in the middle of the street, refusing to budge then short of sitting down too, there isn't much else I can do. I am not dragging him down the street, just no.

I just don't have the puff to be strict up to the level he needs right now. I'll end up crying in frustration before DS even pays much attention.
For DH it's easy, he' daddy the almighty right now. Everything he says to the boy is gospel.

But really every single pregnancy related issue just gets ignored because according to DH he just doesn't get it anyway. Backpain, leg pain, nausea, acid, hormones, emotions, less dtd-drive etc etc all just gets summarily ignored.

Don't get me wrong, he's a sweetheart and he does a lot but to him pregnancy is just conception *boom* baby and in between is really no big deal and nothing is any different for me at all.

Didn't want to read and run - I dont really have any advice but wanted to say I feel for you and hope things get better for you. I can imagine how frusterating it is having a husband who doesn't understand how you feel and doesn't necessarily back you up. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->