Bit of advice/ guidance

lilmills

Mummy to a two year old
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 14 weeks pregnant and have been given a 1:65 chance of having a baby with down syndrome. Next week I am going for the amnio but I am not doing it because i don't want a ds baby I want to be prepared!

I have just split up with oh because he doesn't even want to consider having a ds baby and I would never forgive myself if I let him influence the biggest decision of my life.

My mom and dad are extra supportive and will stick by me whatever happens! I am now sure I will keep this baby whatever happens but I need advise My main worry is how the child will be treated by society. My mom is trying to ensure me that it doesn't affect the child because they are happy no matter what (she has a ds cousin who she loves so much) but i know the best people to ask are people who live with this daily. any advise will be appreciated.

i have no personal experience of DS but i do have a son with autism and the way other people view your child very quickly becomes irrelevant hun, its true, your child will be happy and other peoples negativity will be something you learn to ignore

all the best for your amnio :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->