Bit of an embarrassing personal question...

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Since my miscarriage, me and my husband are trying again, have been since the bleeding stopped afterwards. Just before I found out I'm miscarried, my midwife told me that I had a urine infection, pretty sure this was probably brought on by my miscarriage. Before this, I don't think I've ever had a urine infection before. Anyway, I took antibiotics for it but I did smoke and drink while taking them (this was because I found out the day after I started taking them, I'd had a MMC). Anyway, I've calmed down on that front now but I don't think I ever properly got rid of my urine infection.

So I'm wondering, after you :sex:, how long do you leave it before you go to the toilet? I used to always go to the toilet just after having sex but since my MC, I've been trying to go to sleep straight after and then go to the loo in the morning. Not very nice but I felt like that would be the best way to let the :spermy: do their job but I'm pretty sure this is what is causing my urine infections now. I haven't been to the doctors but I need to go a lot more than usual. So how long do you think I should leave it before going to the loo? I used to always go afterwards and never had any problems but I don't like to have any wastage :blush:

Sorry, I hate asking questions like this but I'm interested to know xxx

Holding your urine can also cause infection. if you need to go then go, maybe try going before intercourse hun, maybe it doesn't seem as 'clean' but it might save 'wastage' lol
I was told I had a urine infection when I had my mc, this is how they explained my positive to negative test...pffft since when have extremely painful vaginal bleeding had anything to do with a urine infection that I had absolutely nos S&S of? and since when did a urine infection give you a positive pg test?

I try to lay there about 30 to 60 minutes. I think by then if they were going to make it they would. Best of luck to you. PMA and :bfp:

I've had UTI's the whole time I was pregnant so I know a thing or two lol. My husband's doctor told him that both men and women should go to the bathroom right after having sex to help avoid UTI's. I don't think laying in bed for 10 minutes to help them swim upstream would hurt though! :rofl:

I think its best to give yourself 30-60 mins after BD to give the little fellas a helping hand. However when you stand up and you get the "gravity effect" its not the sperm thats coming out its the liquid that they travel in as it isn't needed anymore. Any sperm that does come out then would not be healthy enough to make it to the egg anyway.

If its causing you infections to leave it all night then its best you go to the loo as a infection could cause you more problems when you do concieve. Def get checked out at the docs as well.

Good luck

xxx

I have to say i suffered a lot with them while TTC (and now) too. I just did the whole man thing and fell asleep after the deed!

I also found Alka seltzer helps if you have one coming on, just dont take it once you get a BFP.

Talking of gravity doing it job... anyone remember doing exercises where you laid on your back with your legs up as though you were riding a bike?
I do, pregnancy number one AND I was on the pill, I only did it because I was playing the pratt as per usual lol

I'm kinda torn on this one. I have had bladder infections in the past, and it was because I did not go pee promptly after :sex:. My doctor advised to always go right after :sex: to clear out any bacteria which may get pushed up into the bladder. Since I've been doing this, I have not had any bladder infections.

I know they tell us girls to lay in bed for a while afterward to allow the :spermy: to get closer to the egg, but I know there are many women out there that did not lay in bed afterwards who became pregnant...

Maybe the best thing to do is give it 10-20 minutes max, then go to the bathroom... :shrug:

Thanks girls. Well I always go to the loo beforehand and then just go to the sleep after we've DTD. Basically, I found out at my 12 week scan that I'd miscarried 5 weeks beforehand!!! I'm pretty sure having a baby that had died in my body caused it but the thing is, the only symptom of an infection was the fact that I couldn't stop peeing, like every 20 minutes, of a night. This started on the Friday and was gone by the Monday morning which is when I had my urine test. I had no pain whatsoever. I thought it was just the pregnancy and the baby laying on my bladder. It was really awful though. We had our xmas department do that Friday and I all I was drinking was diet coke and water. I remember thinking "God, I can't leave now because I can't stop peeing". It's about a 45 minute journey home so I remember thinking I was going to pee myself on the train. Luckily it held off but came back as soon as I got home. Really strange. I think it's back though because that's why I'm still up. I keep going to the loo so I thought I'd get up to take my mind off it. I've got some of those sodium satchets you get for cystitis which I'll take tomorrow as I'm on my period now so know I'm not pregnant xxx

I have always been very very prone to UTIs when I am sexually active. Sucks. :grr: This also posed a real problem when I started TTC as I had been told to always go straight to the loo after :sex:.

Suppression therapy has saved my life!! :dance:

There is an antibiotic called macrodantin... it also has a generic (Nitrofluro..something or other...?? :wacko:). When my OB found out I was TTC he put me on 100mg per day. If I feel the start of a UTI then I take 100mg two times per day.

It is a drug that acts ONLY in your uninary tract and acts very quickly. So, it is totally safe to baby (unlike some other antibiotics). My OB has said that if he thought I had a full blown UTI he would have no problem giving me 100mg 4 times per day.

Since being on the suppression therapy, I have had NO problems!! :cloud9:

I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is prone to UTIs.

When I was still TTC, I would go to the loo before :sex: But stay in bed flat all night and try to hold it until morning. It made a real difference in the number of :spermy: that came out! I never got a UTI as long as I was good about taking the meds!

I've always always had to go to the bathroom right after sex perhaps if you're worried about er...leakage you could use the instead cups people have mentioned? For me laying still after sex didn't make any difference, but I suppose it might for some people.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->