Bit of An Update - I Guess We Are Almost TTC!

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Last night OH and I were watching The Great Sperm Race on C4 and we were talking about it all. We have never really set a date for when we will try but we knew it would be in the next year or so but we would (me more) like to squeeze a wedding in beforehand.

Anyway, sat chatting and having a nice glass of vino and OH said that we should really start trying any time now and if I feel like I am ready then we can - I am 27 and him 31 - and as he says, we are just getting to the ages the experts would say your chances start decreasing.

A wedding will never go away, the chance to have a baby might and you know what, he is right. As much as I am pretty traditional about it, he pointed out that if it was the choice between having a happy healthy baby or getting married what would I choose and of course it would be the happy healthy baby and he said the same but that it isn't a choice, just what order you do it in.

So, I don't really know what it means but I thought I'd let you all know!

No doubt much talking will go on over the next few days and we'll see where we go from here!

The upshot of it all though is that it is now my decision, he is ready and willing and more than wanting to have a baby......!

xxx

hun thats fab news, he is right, its not like he is saying its either a baby or a wedding, you will will be able have a baby and then let your healthy baby be part or your special day.

good luck with your choice making.

big hugs

Lou
xxx

Thats brill news!!! Go and buy some folic acid and get prepared!!! xxx

Oh thats wonderful - your OH sounds like a lovely man xxx

Thats GREAT news hun, best of luck with the preparing for it all now. Keep us updated :) x

Thats brill news hon,so glad to hear it!xxx

wow thats great , get yourself some pregnacare its great .

Thanks girls :D

Spent all of today thinking about it getting my head around what it might mean! I popped to Superdrug at lunch time to have a look at the vitamins etc and had a look at a few - is Pregnacare the best one to get?

There were also ones for my OH - does anyone know if it worth him taking them? He is vegetarian, doesn't smoke and we don't drink much anyway but he will give up his bottle of vino a week in support of me!!

I am terrified but I must admit, very excited!

xxx

WWOOOHOOOO
Sounds very exciting hunni
keep us posted x

great news hun you both sound really ready. good luck with ttc xx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

i think hes right, and im soooooooo excited for you

i didt take any of the pregney care i just bought folic accident and took that i think between them 2 they are both equally good. not sure about the ones for the OH,

but would like to say log off now and get to bed :sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex::sex: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ad heres lots of dust!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: xxxxxxxx

Haha, thanks hun!!! Don't worry we will be doing plenty of practising.

Well, a long discussion has been had and we are pretty much set on this scenario. I went to the Docs a few weeks ago and got 6 months pill. I take 3 packs in a row and then a break so it works out at 4 months and 3 weeks worth. I am going to finish this lot and then get no more. In a month or so I will start taking folic acid and then we will take it from there.

If we manage to find a spare few pounds knocking about we will get married early next year and if not, we will do it after the baby arrived (God willing we are lucky enough to get one)

So, I guess that sounds a bit like a plan.....and it all feels very grown up!!

(not that I need to say this but don't mention this on FB!! Can't be doing with all the friends and family knowing!)

xxx

So pleased for you sweety.
you are so lovely, you will be the most amazing mummy :hugs:

Ah, thank you hun, the same goes for you :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member