Bit personal and possibly tmi..

LJ88

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit too personal or tmi but I wanted to know if anybody els has noticed this and if I should be avoiding it...

I've been in some discomfort with this pregnancy so haven't been intimate with my other half too often (bless him lol) but when I am intimate and 'enjoy myself' (haha most delicate way I can word it) I find that I get fairly painful cramping for the next few hours.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is it dangerous? Should I be avoiding the last pleasure I have left in life!? Lol x

I have light cramping after sex. Especially if its a little rough. I think youre fine.

It doesn't seem to be the intercourse that's causing it. Only happens when I climax. Has been quite uncomfortable and scared me a little bit. But in just a worrying person anyway.
Thank you x

After you orgasm, your uterus goes through some rythmic contractions. It's nothing to worry about. Totally normal, albeit not very comfortable!

chocolate still exists...its not your last pleasure!

I agree...its likely you feeling your uterus contract.

Thank you! (And phew!) haha thought this little bean was stopping ALL of my fun lol as long as it can't trigger a loss I can deal with some discomfort.

I think you're fine. As long as you g haven't experienced any bleeding with the cramping I would say not to worry. It's very normal too cramp after orgasm. I do every time and baby's still doing just fine in there.

at least you can climax.. I struggle to do this in pregnancy :-(

I think it's normal but I understand wanting to avoid it. DH and I are avoiding most intimacy because of our history. With our son I had doctor's orders to avoid the big "O" due to a hematoma/bleed in the womb. This time we're just being cautious. We still do have fun sometimes though and the last time I didn't cramp afterwards which was reassuring.

I'm glad you've said this because I feel like someone has turned me off and I've become unresponsive. I think I've maybe had 2 orgasms since I've been pregnant whereas before my OH pretty much just had to look at me and it was enough, it was kind of embarrassing actually :haha:

I had that problem with my last pregnancy and for a short while after my d&c in the spring and I don't think it was completely grief-related as I had no problems after my other miscarriages. With my other pregnancies (including this one) I'm like a wild animal. ha ha Well, I would be if I wasn't so sick all the time. I'm only up for it in the morning or afternoon.

Oh! LJ88 I am thrilled to see you got your positive!! Did you just find out? Sorry this is off topic, but I remember chatting with you and you and I were in the same boat. I found out I was preggers 2 days ago! :dance:
Do you know when you're due?

Sorry if this is a bit too personal or tmi but I wanted to know if anybody els has noticed this and if I should be avoiding it...

I've been in some discomfort with this pregnancy so haven't been intimate with my other half too often (bless him lol) but when I am intimate and 'enjoy myself' (haha most delicate way I can word it) I find that I get fairly painful cramping for the next few hours.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is it dangerous? Should I be avoiding the last pleasure I have left in life!? Lol x

LOL! GO for it girl!
My DH got a little disappointed when I told him that I've had to "please" myself a couple times. He said, "Why didn't you tell me?" "I couldn't wait! When I'm aroused, I want it now." Felt bad though!

I haven't experienced cramping at all, but perhaps be a little more gentle and maybe just have the O once vs multiple times if that's what your routine is. :haha:

Dangerous - from what I've read, no. Only if you're high risk. Some women do their own vs. penetration/sex if they're considered high risk. Some women experience LESS cramping after doing it.

Two words: KEGELS EXERCISES!

Haha some of these posts made me chuckle! I seem to go through phases... One week I don't want sex at all and the next week can't get enough. I feel hard done by if I don't 'O' lol so sometimes other half is having to put in some overtime! Haha

Congratulations Koomy56! :) really chuffed for you! I found out a few weeks ago. I met with midwife yesterday for the 1st time so starting to get excited now! They're sooo good at putting the mind at rest!

I'm glad you've said this because I feel like someone has turned me off and I've become unresponsive. I think I've maybe had 2 orgasms since I've been pregnant whereas before my OH pretty much just had to look at me and it was enough, it was kind of embarrassing actually :haha:

Hi yeah I was the same with #1. I reckon it's because I don't relax enough as im thinking about bubs, and that I'm tired. Tiredness always affects my ability to climax.

DH and I recently had sex for the first time since finding out im pregnant again, and I hate to say it but the whole time I was worried it may cause me to bleed or have another MC. I am just so nervous. I had 2 short slight little cramps, mostly on my right side, and then I was fine. It wasnt rough sex or anything so I dont really know why I worried, but I think im going to want to take a break from sex until I see the heartbeat in 9 days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->