Bit stressed... Baby shower at 35 weeks - anyone else?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is anyone else having their baby shower fairly late in pregnancy? Mines in 2.5 weeks (I'll be almost 36 weeks) because my sister in law is away until then. I'm a little worried I'll be so big and tired that I won't be a great "guest of honour" and it stresses me a bit that the nursery won't be entirely ready til after then (I have a registry and know that guests will be getting our bouncer / change table cover / nappies, that kind of thing).

It's silly but my friends have been sending me photos of beautiful garden party dresses they've purchased for the event and I feel a tad upset that I still have no idea what to wear and know I can't wear anything that pretty!

Probably also doesn't help that my friend who is organising the event has been really slack with things and I constantly have to ask her to do things... It took her over 6 weeks to provide guests with the registry information. I just never imagined I'd be this stressed and huge for my shower!

I cannot imagine what you're going through with having your shower now. I had mine at 29 weeks and it was so overwhelming, I felt constantly close to tears and I kept getting the feeling that I wasn't being appropriately grateful. There was just so much going on, I was exhausted. Good luck to you. I hope it all goes smoothly. (Oh, and weirdly, for cute maternity dresses if you're in the US, try Two Hearts Maternity)

It sounds rough having your baby shower so late... I just had mine on the 7th and it really went great, first time a lot of my family was meeting his but games helped. It really helped me getting the things we need for the baby too and was a huge weight lifted when I got to wash it and organize it all.

Hopefully it won't be too stressful for you, I think the waiting until you have everything you need is the hardest part.

I am starting to think I'm crazy though getting married at 37.4 weeks.. Somehow, huge and pregnant, we will both make it through : )

Thanks ladies, good to know I'm not overreacting haha. It's summer here so it does make it a little worse that it will be very humid and hot but oh well!

And yes I think you're right that not feeling ready with nursery stuff is the worst part and making me feel bad all over. Omg congratulations on your upcoming wedding! So what date is that on? How exciting and special :)

I've never had a baby shower. Nobody has ever took the time to organize one for me or say about one to me and I didn't think it was the right thing to organize my own?

Personally I would totally throw one for myself! I'm a bit of a control freak so actually planned most of my shower before my friend offered to take over and organise it. Everyone's different though. It has been nice having her to share the registry with guests so I don't feel as much like I'm asking for gifts lol but besides that I wouldn't really have any issue throwing myself one :) If you want to I say go for it! None of my friends have kids yet so for me it'll just be nice to see friends I haven't really had energy to see lately

I had my shower at 35 weeks and despite a slight concern that it was quite late it really wasn't a problem for me! I was totally spoilt and had a lovely day. Was a tad worried I wouldn't make it till my shower but it was all ok! That was a week and a half ago now and I've washed all the clothes I received and pretty much finished the nursery - still got some bits and pieces to sort out though. It'll be fine. X

I hope everything goes well. Even tho it is late in your pregnancy just make the best of it and don't worry what your wearing! It will be fun and the next day I'm sure you'll be excited to open everything and set it up. Good luck! Xx

I'm having a surprise one... (accidentally saw an incoming email from a friend to my OH titled "Shower Planning")
I'm so stressed about it happening too late and I can't even ask anyone questions! X'D

I had mine at 34/35 weeks. I had one with friends that I knew about and helped plan and then a surprise one at work. I did start to feel like we were cutting it a bit close, and I'll be honest, I felt huge and weepy the day of the friend shower, but it was still really fun, and now my nursery is totally done and I loved all the presents. In a way it was nice to have it later, because I jumped from having my showers right into the final countdown of pregnancy, so its a good rhythm. I didn't have to spend a lot of time waiting, if that makes sense? Hope yours goes wellxx

Mine took place at 37 weeks. I had a few hints it was coming from comments I overheard and I was so annoyed cos I felt awful and all I wanted to do was lie down and I had to pretend to enjoy myself (it was a surprise shower). In the end, everything looked so lovely and the organizers had gone through such trouble that I ended up having a great time and feeling blessed that they care so much about me... It helped that it wasn't a long party, and many people couldn't make it so it ended up being an intimate celebration and it wasn't so exhausting... With my ds it was also a surprise shower but twenty five women showed up and it was lovely but very stressful

Thanks everyone! So good to know others have had their showers late and enjoyed them :) I think I'm just getting stressed about anything and everything at this stage lol

Thanks ladies, good to know I'm not overreacting haha. It's summer here so it does make it a little worse that it will be very humid and hot but oh well!

And yes I think you're right that not feeling ready with nursery stuff is the worst part and making me feel bad all over. Omg congratulations on your upcoming wedding! So what date is that on? How exciting and special :)

The heat is the worst..it's winter here but we just got past a terrible heat wave and I never thought I'd make it through.

Thank you so much! It will be December 12th.. he better stay in long enough! haha

Last pregnancy I graduated college at 32 weeks, and had my baby shower at 36 weeks. Baby wasn't born until 41 weeks.

This time, my sister is trying to throw me a shower and I'm trying to avoid it. I have a bridal shower for a friend this weekend, and I'll be her maid of honor at 37.5 weeks pregnant. A mere 18 days before I'm due... :dohh:

I'll be having my baby shower too between 35 and 36 weeks, I'm not nervous about being so far along but my other baby showers were at like 34 weeks but it only like 2 weeks away

I had my baby shower at my house on Saturday , at 35 w+ 2 days. I was a bit stressed and over did it with cleaning and got a cold. But the day went really well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->